PDA

View Full Version : Florida or BUST

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

superman
02-19-2004, 04:52 AM
Well, MC and I are on the way to Sunny Florida! We're currently about 1/2 hour outside of Indianapolis and MC is full of energy. I've never seen someone run so strong on just a couple hours of sleep. Truly amazing!!

972 miles (as the crow flies), and closing fast, but not as fast as the state trooper that passed as MC was holding a steady 85mph!

We bring cheese, and buffalo burgers!

Later,
Superman

pyagid
02-19-2004, 08:07 AM
:lo1l: :lo1l: :lo1l: Have a good trip. Hopefully there will be good photo documentation of this trip

fuzz401
02-19-2004, 08:44 AM
safe trip :t: :t:

swaneyvike
02-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Hey Fokkers,

Indian a big city Superman keep MC pants on :lo1l: W ish i could have gone :smile: You fookers bring some treasures back And party like rock stars :razz: :lo1l: :t: Love peace and chicken grease

Swaney

superman
02-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Alright - it's now 8:00PM CST, and we arrived at a hotel in Macon, GA. We ran out of steam, and have to crash! Not much to tell yet, lots of road, and truckers cramping our space on the road. Shit people drive fast down here!! yikes!

Mudrat
02-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Dudes, y'all be cool and keep the shiny side up - until you get to the FL Swamps then all bets are off!!!!

And for the rest of us - eat fish NOW - - after MC dips his toes in the ocean, I think it'll be a while before I eat fish again :lo1l: :?

Mudrat :mrgreen:

swaneyvike
02-20-2004, 02:50 AM
Hey fookers

it snowed herre tonight f you You fokkers better be having a beer on me f you .....

Lindstrom punny is being taken care of mc Love ya post pics fokkers

Swaney

jeepsr4ever
02-20-2004, 11:09 AM
We just crossed the Florida border! Yea!!! 69 degrees and sunny. It's about time we got here!.

It's been a roadtrip from Sam's kitchen. We started this road trip (both me and superman) at 8:00PM with three hours of sleep. We're going to drink all the orange juice in Florida, and arm wrestle Dan Marino before we leave. We'll have a ton of pics! See you soon Mud. Make yourself available Saturday Fuzz (ie Muncy, PA).

That's it for now,

MC

Tigger
02-20-2004, 02:30 PM
Awesome Glad to see you guys made it cross all those state lines. Lets see some Pics now MC.

fuzz401
02-20-2004, 06:31 PM
what saturday ? and just stop here on the way from mudrats will be working sat like i always do give me a call on the way back up north

Mudrat
02-20-2004, 08:28 PM
The 28th. Looks like he and Super will just RON Fri the 27th.

'Rat

what saturday ? and just stop here on the way from mudrats will be working sat like i always do give me a call on the way back up north

rollen dean montoya
02-20-2004, 11:56 PM
superman, you guys be careful on the way back. hope you are
enjoying florida :mrgreen:
remember, fly low avoid the radar :t: show pix of the trip
later,dog :lo1l:

jeepsr4ever
02-21-2004, 06:12 PM
http://www.specsci.com/outside/Images/mex1.jpg

Mudrat
02-26-2004, 06:49 AM
OK, since a lot of members are watching this thread on the Adventures of the dynamic duo ... no wait that was Batman & Robin ... UH-O here's a problem - SUPERMAN NEVER HAD A SIDKICK!!! so what does that make MC?? :shock: Nice pic by the way - how were the sand fleas???

Anyway. We are nearing the end of the month, and if we can all get out and VOTE (http://top4x4sites.com/cgi-bin/arp/rankem.cgi?id=MCfrom) for BullTear it will be the FIRST whole month on the front page at 4X4.com rated sites. The FIRST TIME y'all. It only takes 2 clicks to VOTE (http://top4x4sites.com/cgi-bin/arp/rankem.cgi?id=MCfrom) and we can set a new record =D> . It might even be ironic that we got here when MC was outta the shop for a long time, I dunno, maybe :lo1l: But it'll be almost as historic as the Mars Rover program #-o

fuzz401
02-26-2004, 06:52 AM
MC = jimmy =D> :-|

Mudrat
02-26-2004, 11:29 AM
OK, a (not-so) young Jimmy Olson with a CNC machine instead of a camera 8)

rollen dean montoya
02-27-2004, 07:31 PM
mudrat i think you got it right. that would make mc jimmy olsen :mrgreen:still want to know about the sand fleas. i think critters
in the sleepin bag would be a major problem 8) but if you had a couple
of drinks :razz: this might not be a problem :mrgreen: :?

Mudrat
02-29-2004, 09:14 AM
AJB (All Jeepers Bulletin)

…Be on the lookout for 2 white males in their early stages of mental development. Go by the aliases of "MC" and "Superman". Last seen sleeping peacefully at Hotel Mudrat in Virginia. Last known vehicle description, “A little green POS that can’t carry squat”. Last known direction, back to the home igloo in MN…..

MC and Superman left in the early morning hours skipping out on their hotel bill, forcing this AJB. :!:
Didn’t get much done on the Jeeps – figured they needed a vacation since they were on one. :t: "They got in about 7PM Fri. I took’m to a basketball game, fed them a chicken dinner, and then came to the house. I gave them a beer and the first thing "MC" does is jerk the rear axle out from under me!!!! I don’t have one to put in though Humm… :-| " accused the victim.
Another perp involved in the incident was Lifted79 (AKA: “Jack the Manager”) who came late and just drank beer #-o
According to the victim; "At 2AM I was forced to put all three to bed (separate beds)."
"Lifted79" skipped out on his 'beer and bed' bill sometime early Sat AM - should have been a warning to the Hotel Mudrat Staff." Mudrat continued.
All day Sat was spent driving the 2 remaining perps on a tour of the local historical areas including the Army Transportation Museum, Yorktown Weapons Station, Yorktown Battlefield, Naval Station Norfolk and the Amphibious Base at Little Creek. After the evening meal, more beer and a movie I again put the 2 felons to bed, from which they left in the early morning dark hours of Sunday.
It is believed "MC" left behind empty beer bottles and cans (and an empty bottle of Ouzo), and some V-8 engine parts that are of no use on an inline 6. "Superman" left some beer bottles, cans and some plastic water bottles. Both felons departed with ALL photos taken during their stay.
This alert expires in 24 hours or when the perps come clean and e-mail Mudrat they got home safely :?:
AJB end alert :lo1l: :?

Mudrat

Tigger
02-29-2004, 10:00 AM
.........left behind........some V-8 engine parts that are of no use on an inline 6.........Mudrat

=D> That is an awesome AJB.... and i am a V8 as well as an I6 fella if you are getting rid of the V8 parts let me know 8) :?

Mudrat
02-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Update on the AJB...

The felons successfully defeated the high security lock on Mudrat's shop (a screwdriver in the hasp) prior to their departure and removed the V-8 parts initially thought to have been left behind.
They also absconded with "Jack the Managers" cover and oil-pump gears. However, they left behind his oil filter housing. It was also discovered that the one called "MC" has left his sweater in the shop. DNA testing will reveal his true identity - believed to actually be Jimmy Olson of Eagan, MN.

Other disturbing news about the missing felons...

http://members.cox.net/mudrat/Bulltear/mex1.jpg
They spent all their time in bars, swamps and Rollbar’s driveway :razz: and :? !!!

Mudrat :t: :mrgreen:

jeepsr4ever
02-29-2004, 03:55 PM
I can neither confirm nor deny the behaviors of me and so said pilot superman. I also can not confirm or deny any photochopping that will come as a direct result of one said mudrats hotels tours. It is also rumored that said security systems were comprimised at wee hours of the morning when said hotel manager mudrat was passed out from a single malt beverage 8)

Thank you for the place to stay my friend!!

-MC

(safe at home)............... :smile:

Lifted79CJ7
02-29-2004, 04:26 PM
AJB UPDATE
Here is more testimony from this scary incident "Jack the Manager":
I figured I'd swing out and meet the real Superman and MC, but boy I wasn't prepared for what happened next! After driving for nearly and hour through the back woods of Virginia (I started hearing dueling banjo's playing - I was praying to God and everything that's holy that I didn't break down! I felt safer once I duct taped my butt checks together..) I finally made it to Mudrats dwellings. The sight I found was horrifying, there I was in my Sunday's best and there were these three drunken rednecks, running around amidst what was once a Jeep, empty beer bottles and hearing talks of chemical compound this and I like to shoot guns that. Things only proceded to get worse. Then MC started talking about how good he wants to "oil my system" so it'll last a good, long time. I found myself cowering in the corner thinking "there's no place like home, there's no place like home." Next came the scary part where men where talking about long hot showers and who's sleeping with who. I pretended to be asleep then when the coast was clear, I high-tailed it out of there! Oh the humanity!!!"

As you can see from this testimony, we are dealing with a sick and twisted group. Please be on the look out, and for God's sake, don't drop the soap!!!

111!!!

fuzz401
02-29-2004, 05:33 PM
after hearing the stories I think I am glad I was not a part of the tom fullery well at least this time

Mudrat
02-29-2004, 05:54 PM
:-| MC, at 3:55 even YOU can't be back in the Igloo!! Cleveland MAYBE certainly not MN already - your GPS skills are becoming legendary!! I do need resolution on the missing items - as in YOUR missing items (your tan and blue pull over).
As for "Jack the Manager's” false testimony (who was it that missed the off ramp - TWICE??), you know what happens when you are less than factual - you never get your Jeep built http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/finger.gif :t: Beer-yes http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/happydrunks.gif, chemical compounds- http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/hairraiser.gif probably, keeping your system oiled –yup then we started talking about your motor :shock: But duct tape and butt cheeks http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/dunno.gif – if you say so. 111!!! The only feeler gauges used were on his timing chain cover :wink:
OBTW - I may have pitched your oil filter casing when I tossed the empty's in the recycle though :?:

superman
02-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Ahhhh - home sweet home! I didn't know what to do outside of my comfort zone! I tell ya', when lifted showed up at the mudrat hotel - he must have brought kryptonite with him. I was shot, and had to call it a night! Maybe he's Lex Luthor?!

Remember - not even duct tape can save you from two polar bears! :mrgreen: Wahaaahaha!

I think we brought some of the good weather back from Florida - it's over 40 degrees here! Still snow on the ground though - lots of it!

What an awesome trip!!! Lot's of pics are sure to follow!

Goin' to sleep for now.

Later,
Superman

Lifted79CJ7
02-29-2004, 07:02 PM
I AM LEX LUTHER!!!! Bwaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha!! 8) Anywho, glad to hear you guys made it home. So how long of a drive was it from VA to the land of snow and even more snow? Anywho, had a blast meeting you guys! You're welcome at the beach anytime! Oh, and its gonna be a nice 60 to 65 degrees all week. I might actually get some more work done on the 401! :? I haven't touched it since I yanked the heads in January.
Jack

Mudrat
02-29-2004, 09:52 PM
I AM LEX LUTHER!!!! Bwaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha!! 8)
I haven't touched it since I yanked the heads in January.
Jack

Musta been a painful experiance it it took you so long after http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/whatever.gif

If you can find my place again, you've seen the shop and it'll be good weather to work on Jeep stuff again. So if you're still wanting to "polish your ports" you know you can use the work bench http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/help.gif

Right now my weekend is looking good to slide those new axles under the CJ (do in tomorrow) - you know the one MC pulled and then ran out on me?
http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/twitch2.gif

Rob - U gunna be back by then??

ROBERT11
03-01-2004, 12:42 AM
I'll be back in a few more days. I have a week off and a Chevy to tear apart. =D>

Lifted79CJ7
03-01-2004, 01:14 AM
Count me in, though it will be wierd hours. I have a big soccer tournament coming in, so will be tied up again this weekend like last. I will be working Friday and Saturday from 12 to 11pm, then probably Sunday night 3-11P. I have Wed and Thur off, so if ya feel like wrenching then, let me know! Hey Mudrat, you want me to email you some pics of my outbarded springs?
Jack

Mudrat
03-01-2004, 06:22 AM
Count me in, though it will be wierd hours. I have a big soccer tournament coming in, so will be tied up again this weekend like last. I will be working Friday and Saturday from 12 to 11pm, then probably Sunday night 3-11P. I have Wed and Thur off, so if ya feel like wrenching then, let me know! Hey Mudrat, you want me to email you some pics of my outbarded springs?
Jack

Sure, I'll need all the help I can get. It's kinda like your "first time" It takes two to figure out what to do :spermy: :lo1l:

jeepsr4ever
03-01-2004, 11:57 AM
Bah we got home at 5:45 central time, The whole roadtrip was 89hrs long and 4801miles...... :shock:

Mudrat
03-01-2004, 01:08 PM
Bah we got home at 5:45 central time, The whole roadtrip was 89hrs long and 4801miles...... :shock:

U da MEN brother - both y'all are "Men of Steel" :? 111!!!

da 'Rat

rollen dean montoya
03-02-2004, 06:20 PM
glad ya got home :mrgreen: looks like i missed a hell of a good
time 8) now ya gotta come out to socal and play :?

jeepsr4ever
03-02-2004, 06:35 PM
I think i will take flight to go out there :mrgreen:

Mudrat
03-02-2004, 08:07 PM
AW common MC - ROAD TRIP!!!
The truck, a 2 Jeep trailer and about a month and a couple http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/money.gif should do it if timed right!! :lo1l:

rollen dean montoya
03-02-2004, 09:33 PM
don't do it in the summer. it get up to 120 during the day and down to
a cool 80 at nite #-o i must be nuts 111!!! linin in the desert but
i get to play every weekend 8) year round :? :t: 8) :mrgreen:
later, dog :lo1l:

Mudrat
03-03-2004, 05:53 AM
don't do it in the summer. it get up to 120 during the day and down to a cool 80 at nite

toss in some 90-100% humidity and it sounds like home :!: (Southern Texas :? )

rollen dean montoya
03-03-2004, 04:40 PM
well, we only have 7% th 12% humidity. but we do get the ocasional
thunderstorm in the summer. just think mudrat, you could be a riverrat
at lake havasu az, a desert rat like me :lo1l: , or be a beach rat
somewhere along the 1200 miles of california coastline :mrgreen:
oh yea, a mudrat at the san gabriel resivoir :? :t:

Mudrat
03-03-2004, 06:04 PM
well, we only have 7% th 12% humidity. but we do get the ocasional
thunderstorm in the summer. just think mudrat, you could be a riverrat
at lake havasu az, a desert rat like me :lo1l: , or be a beach rat
somewhere along the 1200 miles of california coastline :mrgreen:
oh yea, a mudrat at the san gabriel resivoir :? :t:

http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/offtopic.gif

Hehehehe,
My cousin in law is the river rat and he IS at Havasu all the time (36' motor home and 2 jet ski's). These adventures may be curtailed while they rebuild the cabin in Julian after the fires.
Younger bro is "Sandrat" - - - when he comes outta the mountains. He's been signing his e-mails 'Grizzly Adams' LOL He looks like one and the family name :?
'Sides, I was given this moniker by others and its "stuck" for over 25 years =D>
Though ... the pilots on the last 2 ships called me "Patch" Something about the movie and my similar attitude? #-o

rollen dean montoya
03-03-2004, 09:27 PM
cool. well when you decide to venture this way let me know
stay warm, later,dog :lo1l:

Bulltear Ad