PDA

View Full Version : Chewy, Com's 1972 AMC C104 Commando

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

ComChewy
02-21-2004, 08:39 AM
OK, OK as I promised here are a few of the old hard copy pictures that I found of Chewy before the real metamorphosis had occurred, and a friend of mine scanned them for me the other night.......

Hey Guy's, Here are some picture's of Chewy, Com (Mark) and Jul.....

They start in August of 1997 and go thru May of 1999....

August 4th 1997, The day after that I saved Chewy from the compactor at the Salvage Yard, he get's to wheel another day..... At least for NOW that is..... =D> 111!!!

http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/73334/Chewy/01_Chewy_man5.jpg

August 16th 1997, It's only been 12 Day's since his reprieve, He's standing on Dana 44's w/ 4.88's R&P's, Detroit Lockers, 35" M/T's and SOA's, I only had time to go through the original AMC 304ci motor with 125k hard miles, put on a new pitman arm, Flow Kooler H2O pump & 3 core cross-flow radiator, and high volume oil pump...... :roll: :sa:

http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/73334/Chewy/02_Chewy_man4.jpg

August 31st 1997, This is Chewy, Jul & Com wheeling with the Tri County 4 Wheelers, at Wellsville, OH. just down the Ohio River from Pittsburgh......
We had enough time to install the new AMC 390ci short deck motor, wow it ran better then expected, I even broke the OE cast iron exhaust manifold on the passenger side, and it spun the tires with very little throttle, but what response..... :-| :?

http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/73334/Chewy/03_Chewy_man3.jpg

May 30th 1999, Chewy & Com catching some air on White Knuckle Hill, Brush Mountain, ToonaTown (Altoona) PA, with the Farm and Scotch Valley in the background.
Oh let's not forget Dave-J, Charlie and the guy's watching and cover up from all of the falling and rolling rocks, watch your heads guy's..... :smile: =D> :-|

http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/73334/Chewy/05_Chewy_man7.jpg

Oh and the guy's standing on the roof and hanging out the window are actully further down the hill trying to avoide rock's rolling back at them and debaiteing as to whether they want to try White Knuckle Hill or hit the go around...... :oops: :smile: :razz:

As it turned out only three of the guy's in this group and Dave-J (in his AMC 401ci CJ7) followed me up the hill, so that was five out of ten Jeeps in this group had the ability to do it. Needless to say that Chewy was the only rig to make it all of the away without getting hung up on and/or digging in to the rocks, then having to back down the hill and start over agian.

I know that you cannot tell from the picture but Dave-J, Charlie and the others are about 150 to 200 feet further down the hill from Chewy. But Chewy & I still were about 850 to 1000 feet further to go up the steepest part of White Knuckle.

Now for the best part White Knuckle Hill is on the farms property, and only a 1/8mi from the garage door, now how would you like to warm the motor and take that on first thing when you decide to go for a ride. That's why I say that I sure do miss it at times, but not all of those cold dreary gray days. :-| #-o

I'm sorry, that I do not have possession of all of the pictures :smile: from the build ups, hate to say it but Jul kept them for ransom. :oops: 111!!!
The real metamorphosis that came later with the Dana 60's & 70's, larger tires, and motor's. The 4 links & coil spring conversions, then back to lose pack leaf springs, all I can say is that we had a lot of fun trying and doing everything to Chewy..... :shock: :? :-| =D> #-o

Later
:glasses2:
Mark

ComChewy
02-21-2004, 08:55 AM
OK,OK, now....

Well, I got it fixed now, hope you enjoy the pictures........

Later
:glasses2:
Mark

Trailbst
02-21-2004, 09:14 AM
I'm not a mod, but I do know that it doesn't like "%" sign in there.

When you look at the pic, make sure that it is in a new window, then copy that address. OR, you can right click on it and go to the "Properties" and copy the address for it from there. Then put it in a IMG Tag. Try to make sure that there are not any "%" in it, or that is doesn't say "jpg.orig.jpg" take off the "orig.jpg" if it is there.

Hope this helps.

Erik

pyagid
02-21-2004, 08:57 PM
the image shows up perfectly fine for me. And always has. But the URL does not work I believe because of the ' for chewy's . A lot of programming languages they see the ' as a break point or comment point and i have a feeling that is what is happening here and not allowing it to be viewed properly

Paul

rollbar
08-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Where can I get a hard top or soft top for one. I just got one for free & now the wife want's it. :shock: darn, another project.

RollBar

Bulltear Ad