PDA

View Full Version : 35's on TEEJ

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

durbs
02-23-2004, 01:12 AM
I am going to be getting some 35's soon as school is out so I need to start collecting parts to put together a lift to clear them...

Right now I have 97 TJ, 4.0/5spd with RE 2" BB, 1" TCase drop, 1" Body Lift, and DT3000 shocks and I am running 32" BFG's with no probs. I just drive this jeep to school/work and hunting through mud, no rocks to speak of....so flex isnt very important to me. So what all do I need to buy to squeeze the 35's under? Can I keep any of my stuff I already have? I am going to try to not use a SYE/CV set up now like an idiot but I am too cheap right now. I was thinking of looking for some used 3.5" RE springs and what else would I need, would my shocks still work? Do I need control arms or are those just for flex? I assume I need an adjustable track bar correct? Thanks! Matt

pyagid
02-23-2004, 08:01 AM
If you are not going to flex it at all. If you run 3.5" springs with your BB lift already you should clear them. You will probably need longer shocks. Definatley will need a t-case drop if you dont want to do a SYE. Also with the t-case drop I believe there is a fix you will need for the 4wd shifter. Either remove the inner boot or even cut the floor a little. ANd you will probably need at least a front trac-bar if not a front and rear. I would say you could get away with out changeing the control arms too.

Paul

durbs
02-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Cool, I already have a tcase drop in too. The reason I was leaning to RE 3.5" springs is because I hear that they actually give 4.5" of lift. Then I also have a 1" BL too. So I'll try to squeeze some 35's on there :) Now with the trac-bars I haven't really looked into them too much, should any adjustable front trac bar work? Then I need to get a relocation mount for it as well? Thanks!

durbs
02-23-2004, 11:16 AM
What do the aftermarket control arms actually do besides help with flex?

They are longer so I believe the help with overall alignment as well. As you go up in height with the vehicle the Control arm will be at a greater angle and since it is rigid it swings an arch and will actually pull the hole axle back a little. But i dont think you have to worry about that with they hiehgt you are planning on

Paul

Trailbst
02-23-2004, 11:21 AM
The lowers are slightly longer than stock to help keep your caster & camber in close to stock specs. You want them, otherwise your tires will wear faster than normal, and will wear abnormally.

Erik

Mudrat
02-24-2004, 07:13 AM
Hey Durbs - maybe this will give you some ideas :!: (and no it's not mine :smile: )
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/312828

Mudrat

Bulltear Ad