PDA

View Full Version : One tough Cherokee

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

lisa
02-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Hi guys! While I agree real jeeps are built not bought, I kinda bought mine built. She is a 98 XJ and the deal fell in my lap. I couldn't pass on it!
Here is what she has off the top of my head:
3.5" Rubicon Lift
Quick disconnect on the sway bars
Coil springs up front
Warn 8000i winch
Safari Snorkel (tested works!)
Dana 30 front
Dana 44 rear
Kargo Rack
Some cosmetic rearranging on my hatch (due to husband)
there are other extras, but right now I am not sure what they are. This is my FIRST Jeep, and while I DID change my transmission fluid and filter myself (with my father in law's help) and will be checking my differential fluids and the work on it myself, I am not up on the tech stuff yet.
I DO know she LOVES to rock crawl better than the mud! :lo1l: Okay, maybe I do, but she does GREAT! She is definately NOT a soccer mom mobile!
Here is a good picture of me and my XJ going up the backside of Brown Trouser Hill (name says it all, just as the R/C that went down it! :)) in The Pit in Ocala.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/146015/xjatthepit.jpg
I want lockers, fog lights, and bead locks to complete it. Other than that, it has every thing I want!
Well, that is an introduction to my wonderful XJ. Hope to see you guys on the trail down here some time! :t:

pyagid
02-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Real Nice set up. Welcome :t: and i dont think you would need anything else besides the lockers and beadlocks

Paul

Tigger
02-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Nice looking Rig... welcome to Bulltear.

Lifted79CJ7
02-23-2004, 08:08 PM
You might want to chat with Dora from www.adventure4wd.com (I think - or adventure4x4 or something like that). She has a built XJ and TJ and can give ya some pointers on building your baby. :lo1l:
Jack

lisa
02-24-2004, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info. I will check it out! We need more girls out there doing their own work. I am learning and enjoy getting grease under my nails working on my own vehicle. (I LOATH having to change the tranny filter again. THIS time I take the exhaust off FIRST!) :(: #-o

Mudrat
02-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Hi Lisa and welcome. Correct me if I'm wrong, are you the Better Half of Frank :t:

Mudrat :mrgreen:

lisa
02-25-2004, 08:08 AM
You got it Mudrat! :? I would like to add that winch is an x8000 not what I had posted earlier. I also got to meet Superman at the event as MC and Superman came down together. :?:
I see you get around as much as Frank does on these message boards Mudrat! :mrgreen:

jeepsr4ever
02-25-2004, 06:32 PM
I have seen this XJ in action.....Lisa you make me proud with your driving!!!! =D>

Mudrat
02-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Hummmm... :-| It only SEEMS that way :wink: I actually got pulled (pushed?) to the FL board from here. And there are no regrets. so I guess I'll see the XJ in action in April :?

Mudrat
p.s. the IG is doing well too :t:

You got it Mudrat! :? I would like to add that winch is an x8000 not what I had posted earlier. I also got to meet Superman at the event as MC and Superman came down together. :?:
I see you get around as much as Frank does on these message boards Mudrat! :mrgreen:

ComChewy
02-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Hey Pat, We're showing up every where now, and here I thought it was just you, MC and I, hell I'm going to have and :razz: 111!!! #-o

Well, if Lisa posted her XJ, them I'll have to post Lil Shiite's ONF pic's.... :smile: :-|

Lisa, at least I built this one also, just rethinking on how I want to rebuild it now, I can't call Lil a him yet, cause it still squat's when things get tough... :oops: :smile: #-o

Your just going to have and get Frank from under that CJ long enough to say that you built something on it, in lieu of I bought it that way.... =D> :?

Still working on the picture resizing thing..... :t:

Later
:glasses2:
Mark

jeep.xj.4x4
04-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Sweet XJ! I love the way XJ's look in white! Here is a pic of mine:
http://pages.cthome.net/fuzzy123456789/DSC911.JPG
I still have more building to do, of course! :mrgreen:
More pics here: http://pages.cthome.net/fuzzy123456789/afterwheels.html

jeepsr4ever
04-01-2004, 12:58 PM