PDA

View Full Version : D30 front axsel removale???

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

wiprsnapr
02-24-2004, 10:02 PM
I need to replace the U-joints in the front axsels ASAP. I was told that I might have to go into the diff. to take C-clips off the ends of the shafts. The book says nothing about this. I'm thinking that all there is to it is pulling the hubs, spindle, ect. and the axsel should just slide right out. I hope so anyways. Does anyone know alot about the D30?

I'm wanting to get this done before this weekend. So, if anybody could help me out, I would appriciat it.

Thanks,
Chris

Tigger
02-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Chris,

On a D30 there are no c-clips. If you have the 260x (not sure what the CJ's had) u-joint now would be a good time to put in the 297x or the 760x u-joint for added strength. Basically what you described is the way to change them, once you get the hub, and spindle out of the way the axle shaft will just pull out. Replace the U-joint(s) and re install. If you upgrade the u-joint on one side do it on the other side also.

wiprsnapr
02-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Thanks Tigger, I appriciate it! :sa: =D>

Rocky
02-25-2004, 01:39 AM
Take the opportunity to repack your inner spindle bearings while you have 'em off, and check the surfaces of the outers that ride in the bearings.
Also....check your ball joints before you tear it down. If they're bad, pick some up and do the job while you're at it. The ball joints are a bit more work and you need a tool to press 'em in (or have a shop do it) but once you have it apart far enough to get the axles out, the ball joints are right there. (You will need the special socket and a torque wrench to adjust 'em.)

Bulltear Ad