PDA

View Full Version : New Engine

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

nvrsunk
03-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Just bought a remanufactured Long block 360 for my CJ5. Have the old 360 still, but didnt have time for a rebuild since I am moving in 2 weeks. Any tips on putting the rest of the engine together? I am planning on using most if not all of the remaining components from the old engine. Tips on installing the intake manifold (ie bolt torque, sealant, etc?). Also any minor mods that I should run? I have seen you guys talk about the valley oil line kit on here. Worth doing? Do I need to drill or tap those holes? Thanks!

jeepsr4ever
03-16-2004, 10:35 AM
make sure your oil pump is good on your timing cover and that the gears are good and the tolerances are fair. Its too late for the valley line because of the break in lube on your crank and in the new engine. jut basic stuff like you will see in teh general tech and how to sections. Good luck and if you get herpainted up pretty post a photo

nvrsunk
03-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the advice. It is supposed to arrive thursday. Im planning on pickin it up, painting it, putting on all the chrome, and putting it in saturday. Better beleive Ill post some pics.

Lifted79CJ7
03-16-2004, 01:40 PM
So are you adding any aftermarket stuff on the engine? Carb, intake manifold, headers, etc?

nvrsunk
03-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Since I have to move from NC to NJ next week, I a kind of in a hustle to get the thing back together so that I can get it up there. Right now the only performance mod it has are dual flowmasters. Other than that the engine is going to remain stock for a bit. Atleast until I can get my new garage set up. At this point, Im really most interested in reliability (this is my 3rd motor this year!!!), but I will plan on a mild cam, aluminum intake, and small 4 barrel (550-650). I definitely recommend the flowmasters though. Even though the other engine had a 2 barrel, the dual exhaust with the flowmaster 40's sounded real mean. How do you post pictures on the forum?

jeepsr4ever
03-16-2004, 05:21 PM
oyu need to do a picture URL

Bulltear Ad