PDA

View Full Version : my poor old amc v8

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

cjmike67
03-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Hey all ! Just a little story of how strong the old amc 304 's are ! Well we all went on our annual FOOLS TRIP up here in B.C. and worked about a week worth of evenings getting my truck ready, new heads etc and some electrical work. Needless to say the one thing i didnt replace was the alt on the truck and of course guess what failed ? That same alt! :(: So here i am on the biggest trip of the year and my truck isnt doing too good! Well electric cooling fans dont work so well without 12 volts and that was the only way to cool the engine [ other then taking the hood off as we did] the jeep got really hot 255 degrees for over 9 hours of continual use other then stopping to dump cold water on the engine to cool it down! You know that old 304 still runs after about 12 over heats! This engine runs with no ticks , no rattles or nothing !!!! Oil pressure is still at spec and still has 155 lbs accross the board for compression!!! I was going to sell this motor to a buddy for $275.00 cdn but i think the price will go up a couple of hundred ! What do you guys think? :lo1l:

jeepsr4ever
03-19-2004, 08:52 PM
whever i have overheated a motor more than a couple of times seems like the butter cranks wear into the bearings!

I dunno a reasonable number like $4000.00

cjmike67
03-19-2004, 10:58 PM
You know ive never seen anything like it and my co pilot [ a hd diesel mechanic ] couldnt believe it either ! Hi nickel content block maybe?? :lo1l:

jeepsr4ever
03-20-2004, 08:23 AM
a little luck maybe...LOL thats pretty unreal though...it would be a matter of time unless that engine is magical :idea:

Bulltear Ad