PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper Fuel Injection than Edelbrock.....

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Lifted79CJ7
03-24-2004, 01:34 AM
http://www.customefis.com/

What do you guys think of this? Looks decent to me. just thought I'd throw it out there.

jeepsr4ever
03-24-2004, 09:24 AM
I read that page years ago...seems a little hard to follow though..........but

Lifted79CJ7
03-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Same here, saw it a couple years ago, but ran across it again. I just figured with all the buzz of the edelbrock stuff coming out that it might make a good discussion. I am personally a firm believer in you get what you pay for, and although this might be a cheaper alternative, I think the tech support, etc might be better with Edelbrock. But $1000 more? :!: Haven't really looked into what all comes with each kit, and that might be half the reason right there. That and R&D costs. Just my .02.
Jack

XJ-001
04-15-2004, 09:27 PM
I've looked at that setup too, and what scares me ids the picture of the air temp sensor/aircleaner sitting on the kitchen chair.....

Blue AMX
08-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Look at what you get with the Edelbrock system, wiring harness, fuel pump and line, clamps, distributor, ECM hand held tuner ... complete system, not a KIT ... that is the key thing to keep in mind when you are trying to put it on your car at 10 pm on saturday night!

Pay me know or pay me later situaiton.

Dusty
08-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Tell you what the Edlebrock was the easiest FI kit i have ever installed two wires into the harness and a ground. mounted the computer dialed it in in about 2 hours of driving.

runs like a champ keeps me well informed to. when i compare it to some of the home fabd kits i have done to fords and jeeps and the howells (which was also a good setup) the hand held control module is really the icing on the cake for pin pointing a problem

Lifted79CJ7
08-04-2005, 04:02 PM
:sa:

Bulltear Ad