PDA

View Full Version : Raising vents

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

pitjeep
03-29-2004, 04:51 PM
i,d like to raise my transmission & transfercase vents what fittings are needed for the cases , what tubing works & are there any breathers other than the little stock plastic ones ,i saw a bronco at telleco he had ones that looked like valve cover breathers but didn,t get to talk to him o yea its a t-150 & dana20 i do alot of water crossings & they are the only places that collect water any ideas ?

Barry Kaul
03-29-2004, 10:27 PM
APC makes some breathers that work well. They are sold at the local parts stores here (Advance Auto Parts, and I think Auto Zone).
http://www.performancestyleattitude.com/home.htm

Rocky
04-01-2004, 01:03 AM
Pop the breathers off and tap the holes/install barbed fittings, run fuel line to a high spot (I like high on the firewall) and use a K&N breather filter. They make one that fits a (I think) 5/16 OD line. If you T the line at the trans, you can run a single line and use just one filter. I use a bit of steel fuel line between the rubber line and the filter. The oil on the K&N filters keeps the water out, even if it sprays on the filter.
You have to use fuel line, because the oil vapors will eventually damage any other rubber line.
This is my setup for my T-19/D-20. Also using the same thing for the axles.
Summit, among others, has the filters.

Bulltear Ad