PDA

View Full Version : Hemi to AMC Coil Pack Conversion?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

rollbar
05-02-2004, 10:41 AM
Question: How hard would or should it even be done to put individual coil packs on a AMC V8 engine?

Thanks,
RollBar

jeepsr4ever
05-02-2004, 12:01 PM
If you could integrate a crank trigger to them you could theoretically get them to work,,,,however what is the advantage?

rollbar
05-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Well the advantage would not be that great w/all of the MSD type etc ignitions out there. I've been moving this weekend & I sat down to my PC & I had a vision, I just must have been tired. Thanks anyway. 111!!!

RollBar

P.S. One never knows, do one. :?

Barry Kaul
05-02-2004, 11:06 PM
MSD makes a coil per cylinder ignition system. pn 7600

rollbar
05-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Thank you,

Barry Kaul
05-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Do you have pictures of your cj cooking grill? That sounds cool. A friend of mine and I were going to start on a 74 nova grill, I never thought to use a jeep.

rollbar
05-08-2004, 01:10 PM
No it's in the planning stage, my 78' was stolen & stripped, I got it back w/ mininual parts so as the police investigation is on going I will have to let it sit for a little bit. When I get it back I'm gonna use the front cap for a grill (windshield to the front bumper etc) & turn the headlights into brake lights, it will be towed in that fashon, when I get it back done I'll post picks.

73hornut
05-24-2004, 10:23 PM
What the heck does that say rolbar? I can't read a word of that dark blue wrighting.

rollbar
05-25-2004, 04:11 PM
No it's in the planning stage, my 78' was stolen & stripped, I got it back w/ mininual parts so as the police investigation is on going I will have to let it sit for a little bit. When I get it back I'm gonna use the front cap for a grill (windshield to the front bumper etc) & turn the headlights into brake lights, it will be towed in that fashon, when I get it back done I'll post picks.

I'm soposed to get it back this week, less the front axle; wheels & other stuff on there. It's still got the tilt wheel & the T-18 & D-300. The guy torched off the front axle etc. but was in a hurry & left the good stuff, I'll check it out later this week I hope when they bring it here.

RollBar

P.S> I can read the Dark Blue?????? Your the second person who said that they couldn't read that color. I guess I'll stop using it if I remember, lol

rollbar
05-25-2004, 04:12 PM

I'm soposed to get it back this week (they held it so I didn't get it when I was told etc), less the front axle; wheels & other stuff on there. It's still got the tilt wheel & the T-18 & D-300. The guy torched off the front axle etc. but was in a hurry & left the good stuff, I'll check it out later this week I hope when they bring it here.

RollBar

P.S> I can read the Dark Blue?????? Your the second person who said that they couldn't read that color. I guess I'll stop using it if I remember, lol

Mudrat
05-25-2004, 08:25 PM
What the heck does that say rolbar? I can't read a word of that dark blue wrighting.
Hey 73, if you go into your 'profile' you can select what colors the board shows up as. I use the 'subsilver' and haven't found any problems with any color - well, yellow is hard to see, but you have that option. It's like the 3 or 4th line above the AVATAR control box.

Mudrat :?:

radamx
11-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Easy enough .
I use a cam sensor in the dist.and a crank trigger.
then you need a controller .I am useing a EFI ECM.

ol' school power
11-18-2004, 10:16 PM
I have seen it about 2 years ago on an AMX at the AMC Nationals in Cordova.

rollbar
08-01-2005, 06:34 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/671000-671999/671473_2_full.jpg
Easy enough .
I use a cam sensor in the dist.and a crank trigger.
then you need a controller .I am useing a EFI ECM.

Sweet. :lo1l: :t:

JeepsAndGuns
08-01-2005, 07:02 PM
however what is the advantage?

No more distribuitor, no more setting the timing. Let the computer do it. You get a perfectly timed engine all the time and you can even reprogram the spark curves if you need it. I think it would be a sweet setup.

Goose
08-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Jeez Man Every time I see that engine, I feel like 'Smilin Bob' from the enzyte commercials..just sportin wood and grinnin like a fool..I'm telling ya that would just look too trick under the ol' 38 Dodge coupe hood..

Mudrat
08-02-2005, 05:12 AM
Common y'all VOTE!!! We have 7 total and are down on the second page

You will now be returned to the regularly scheduled thread ....

Bulltear Ad