PDA

View Full Version : Hotrod on Ebay

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Foxtrot X-Ray
05-17-2004, 08:15 AM
I like to keep an eye on the Javelins that appear on eBay.

This one.. Is interesting.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2478714434&category=5357

The Good: I really like the Blended Spoilers. I don't think I'd choose to go with blended even if money weren't a consideration, but it does look really nice.
My favorite feature on this car is the rear spoiler. Those familliar with the '71 - '74 AMXs know that the rear spoiler is normally one piece. This one's been cut and redesigned as a three piece.
I've wondered what this would look like for a while..

The headlights & billet grill are really of interest to me. Again, I'd go as bit different, with a single bulb, composite type lamp. a big rectangular lamp of similar dimensions to the double square. Also the grill would be shaped more like the 1971 Grill.

The Bad: I don't like the idea of Blending the Bumpers. But then, this isn't supposed to be a Driver, it's supposed to be a show car.
My preference would be stock appearing bumpers that are heavily reinforced.

The UGLY: Cragar SS wheels? Ugh! never been partial to these. Or most other five-spoke wheels. ("Jellybean" slots are okay, though.)

The exhaust tips are less than pelasing to my eye as well.
I prefer having the tips come out just in front of the rear wheels.

jeepsr4ever
05-17-2004, 01:54 PM
:mrgreen: not too shabby

Foxtrot X-Ray
05-25-2004, 07:28 AM
Wow.. She sold for $10,100

Not a bad sale.

jeepsr4ever
05-25-2004, 07:54 AM
If I threw My AMX up on ebay I wonder what she would sell for, my luck $150.00 :?:

Foxtrot X-Ray
06-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Not quite sure what to make of this one.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2481257033&category=5357

I'm not much for fancy graphics and all that, so the paint doesn't appeal to me.
The generation 1 Javelin front clip looks alright, but I'd really rather see it in person before I decided I liked it or not.

Those Flares on the quarters.. Definately hideous.
(No offense if the builder happens to be here, BTW)

Mudrat
06-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Hummmmm :-| is "front and rear end are both custom fiberglass. " stock ??

Mudrat

Foxtrot X-Ray
06-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Hehe. I didn't read that part.
Makes sense, though.. There is a 'Glass one-piece front clip available for the older body style

I'm told the (stock) '68-'70 fronts will bolt right up to the '71-'74 and I've seen a picture of another, obviously MUCH older job sitting in what looks like a badly overgrown backyard.
So I'd assumed that yellow monstrousity was a steel front.

Anyway.. That one's a bit Gaudy for my tastes. :wink:

Foxtrot X-Ray
06-11-2004, 09:12 AM
By the way, where does it say that either front or rear is stock?

Mudrat
06-11-2004, 02:02 PM
By the way, where does it say that either front or rear is stock?
Didn't. But it said it was a show car and the guys I work with have real honest to gosh antique show cars (40's and 50's) and they are all stock and steel. Ain't no 'glass or bondo on'm.

mudrat

rollen dean montoya
06-11-2004, 03:41 PM
the black car is beautiful. the yellow car needs a major renovation to get back to being a nice car. the canary yellow has gotta go! #-o
later,rollen :lo1l:

Bulltear Ad