PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE IT!!

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
05-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Just got a chance to try a plasma cutter - WHAT AN AWSOME TOOL!!!!

Instead of blowing out another tip on my gas rig or tear up blades in my sawz-all, I thought I'd see if I could practice with the plasma cutter in the shop. Randy showed me on a couple cuts and then turned me lose. What a great ride. 7" cuts, 1/4 in plate - under 10 seconds! This thing just got bumped up on my Christmas list :?

'Course Fathers Day is coming up sooner :-| :mrgreen: :-| :?

Mudrat

diddycj5
05-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Yah, a co-worker of mine bought one a while back.... I get to borrow it from time to time as I have projects where it is needed. All the benefits of using one without having to pony up the $$$. The decent entry level ones are $1500-2000.

Mudrat
05-18-2004, 03:33 PM
Man what a tool. Did learn thou to cut a bit wider. The plates Randy cut came up short. Lesson learned, cut OUTSIDE the lines :shock:

And I agree, the miller 375 starts at $1500, but is dual voltage and gets to 5/8" with a clean cut.

Mudrat :shock:

jeepsr4ever
05-18-2004, 04:48 PM
Mud plasma ROCKS! Thats what we use to cut aluminum sheets and sheetmetal....nothing like it...except waterjet and a laser....and supermans xray vision :?:

Mudrat
05-18-2004, 05:24 PM
Mud plasma ROCKS! Thats what we use to cut aluminum sheets and sheetmetal....nothing like it...except waterjet and a laser....and supermans xray vision :?:
So where the h3ll are you!!!! I called for some tech assist and was told you were "on the road".

Anybody, anybody??? Bueller, Bueller?? :t:

Tech assist = what angle do I need for the shackles on the front springs?? It looks like stock is 90 deg. the shackle reverse looks like a little aft (110-120?) ... so where do I go for an SOA WITH a shackle reverse - 90? 100? 110???

Right now with no load on the springs - I can do anything I need to. Whats proper??

Mudrat

Lifted79CJ7
05-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Mud, I'd go in the 110 degree range so you can have a decent amount of droop. Oh, and don't forget when you order your front driveshaft to get a long spline version so you don't have to deal with your shaft seperating on you! SRS's have a bad tendency to do that to normal length shafts(plus factor in how much wheel travel you're gonna have with all that lift!!).
Jack

Bulltear Ad