PDA

View Full Version : TFI Coil Mounting Bracket

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Woodchomper
05-19-2004, 05:35 AM
The TFI upgrade is a popular modification for ford and jeep owners. However mounting the coil can sometimes be a problem. On my FSJ J10 I mounted the coil to the driver side inner fender with a simple aluminum bracket similar to the one at this url:[http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=2048]

This made for a neat install but required rerouting the coil wires. Many other FSJ owners modify their can coil mounting bracket to mount the tfi coil on their engines.

What I propose is two types of tfi coil mounting brackets. One for fenderwell mounting and one for engine mounting. The design should be universal so that the bracket will fit many engines. These brackets should also sport the bulltear logo or even have the bulltear web link inscribed on them.

Just a thought!!

Rich B.

jeepsr4ever
05-19-2004, 07:23 AM
I like your thinking! hmmmm :-|

Mudrat
05-30-2004, 09:28 PM
I've got a 4.2 I-6 and mounted that aluminium case on a plate and mounted the plate to the passenger fender. I moved all my electronics to the P-side. I'm still sorting out all the changes, but I'll post pics when it's nice enough to look at :?
I installed a "Painless" harnes and all the wires are different color than the TSM says and with the TFI there were other changes that have kinda screwed me up since I didn't have a working harness to follow.

Mudrat

Bulltear Ad