PDA

View Full Version : cj7 exhaust manifolds for 304

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Pheonix
05-25-2004, 10:50 AM
I am ditching the headers and want some exhaust manifolds without the stupid air injection ports in them.

Thanks,

tufcj
05-26-2004, 07:43 PM
For manifolds without the smog ports are rare, you'll have to find an early 70s J-truck or wagoneer. I was able to plug mine using Allen head pipe plugs. They don't look like they will fit real tight, but the factory hole has a lip, so the plug will bottom. I coated the plugs with a little permatex ultra copper and they dont leak.

Pheonix
05-26-2004, 10:05 PM
Hmmm, Thanks for the advise. Are wagoneer manifolds the same as the cj ones?

jeepsr4ever
05-26-2004, 10:09 PM
If you wnat to run waggy manifolds they will need to be plumbed a little different

tufcj
05-28-2004, 02:15 PM
It will depend on the year. I found a set of non-air tube manifolds on a 71 Waggy. They bolted directly into my 77 CJ7 which still had the factory V-8 manifolds with the air tubes. I had problems with mine when I went to EFI. The air pump would cool the O2 sensor after it idled for more than 45 seconds or so and it would drop out of closed loop. I pulled the tubes and plugged them, but the emissions station wouldn't pass me, even though it blew great numbers. I went to antique plates this year - no more emission tests as long as the tags are kept current. :t: :t:

Bulltear Ad