PDA

View Full Version : Roller Rockers

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

thigh19
05-29-2004, 09:21 PM
I want steel roller tip rockers for an AMC. I've been told that 1.7:1 Ford rockers will work with Chev studs and pushrods. Has anyone done or heard of this and if so, am I on the right track? I dont want aluminum.

jeepsr4ever
05-29-2004, 09:54 PM
1.7 ford rockers are close and will work and so will chevy rockers (dont tell anyone...he he he) Although if you run a chevy rocker with a high lift cam you risk the tip falling of the valve. Ford's extremely close :wink:

thigh19
05-29-2004, 09:58 PM
I new about the Chev 1.6:1 rockers, and that's probably the easy way to go, But a friend of mine used them and had to grind the long side of the rocker to clear the spring.

tufcj
05-30-2004, 10:28 AM
I run Crane Gold rollers on my CJ and AMX. The ones I have are specifically made for AMC. www.fastengineparts.com also sells some AMC rollers made by Scorpion (also on ebay under seller name hd_mad_dog). If you have 74 up heads that had bridged rockers, you will need to have the area where the stud screws in machined down some, and if the pushrod holes are round, you will need guide plates to keep the rockers square. The early heads had oval pushrod holes that acted like built-in guideplates. You also need to use hardened pushrods in any application. If you have a high lift cam (over .500), you may need +.100 pushrods to have the rocker clear the spring retainer. Pushrods are the same length as SBC.

Bulltear Ad