PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP...not jeep related

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepsr4ever
06-10-2004, 07:58 AM
All My cad files and pictures are on a isolated computer than uses windows XP (home) and it gets a unmountable boot error and I dont have a original disk....just as I was going to back these up. YEARS OF INFO ON THEM. ...OUR EQUIPMENT IS IDLE!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

:(:

mrtazwrench
06-10-2004, 11:49 AM
bummer, wish i could help, all i can say is try www.komando.com see if you can find any thing to help there. :-|

cj5 buggy
06-10-2004, 12:16 PM
MC how are you doing with this error???

you could look here...

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/install/winxp/howto3/unmountable.htm

frank

let me know if i can help dude... if anything you can take that Hard Drive out and slave it onto another comuter retrieve your files and then rebuild it...
:razz:

pyagid
06-10-2004, 01:13 PM
let me know if i can help dude... if anything you can take that Hard Drive out and slave it onto another comuter retrieve your files and then rebuild it...
:razz:

Its a laptop. I suggested that this monring to him but was unsure how you could do that with a laptop. I know he was going to look into it though

-Paul

jeepsr4ever
06-10-2004, 05:24 PM
UPDATE:

The hard drive spun long enough to adapt to another pc and get just the last CAD file off....UNREAL!! So a new hard drive later we should be milling like mad...Thanks for the tips you guys and let me know if I can do anything for you.

pyagid
06-10-2004, 05:33 PM
UPDATE:

The hard drive spun long enough to adapt to another pc and get just the last CAD file off....UNREAL!! So a new hard drive later we should be milling like mad...Thanks for the tips you guys and let me know if I can do anything for you.

:lo1l: :lo1l: NO SULKING............NOW BURN A FEW COPIES OFF ALL THAT STUFF TO CD

-paul

jeepsr4ever
06-10-2004, 05:39 PM
I hear you
It was scary all my customers (who are anomynous :wink: ) had their items on their as well

#-o

:mrgreen:

Mudrat
06-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Well - did you learn anything??? Does BACKUP mean anything to you now?? I had the same problem and lost everything - 3 years of school work and the current semester!! That's what it took me to wise up and I have a degree in this crap!!!!

Glad thing worked out, may I suggest a RAID device :mrgreen:

Mud

rollen dean montoya
06-10-2004, 07:01 PM
always keep backups handy just in case this happens again!!!!
be prepaired son, be prepaired!!!!!!!!
jedi dog's good advice :t:
later, jedi dog :lo1l:

Bulltear Ad