PDA

View Full Version : FBI Warns of Eco-Terrorism Threat

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

cheapjeep
06-10-2004, 11:42 AM
I know some member's live in these area's. Just remember if you see them on the side of the road, it is not your fault your Jeep pull's to the right.

FBI Warns of Eco-Terrorism Threat

WASHINGTON — The FBI warned law enforcement agencies of the potential for criminal activity in response to a call for action in support of a convicted eco-terrorist, according to the weekly bulletin issued by the agency and obtained by Fox News.

"Supporters of anarchist and convicted arsonist Jeff Luers (search) have designated Saturday, June 12, 2004 an 'International Day of Action and Solidarity with Jeff 'Free' Luers,' alternatively entitled 'J12,'" the FBI said in the bulletin.

"J12 events are planned in Eugene, Oregon; Olympia, Washington; San Francisco and Modesto, California; Lawrence, Kansas; Morgantown, West Virginia; Worcester, Massachusetts; Portland, Maine; and Lake Worth, Florida."

Luers is from Eugene, Ore. According to the FBI, he is widely celebrated as a martyr within anarchist and extremist animal rights and environmental circles.

On June 16, 2000, he was convicted for his involvement in an Earth Liberation Front (search)-style arson at a truck dealership and an attempted arson at an oil company in Eugene. He is serving a 22-year prison sentence — the longest, according to the FBI, ever handed down for eco-terrorist actions in the U.S.

The ELF is a radical group of environmentalists that has claimed responsibility for various acts of arson and vandalism and is listed as the FBI's No. 1 domestic terrorism priority.

"Luers' notoriety could potentially inspire autonomous ELF cells to carry out symbolic actions in solidarity with Luers against traditional targets, such as SUV (search) dealerships, lumber logging facilities, and residential construction sites in environmentally sensitive areas during J12 events," the FBI noted.

"While the FBI has no specific information regarding planned terrorist actions to coincide with J12 events, law enforcement officers should be alert to indicators of possible terrorist planning, including suspicious surveillance of targeted industries, such as SUV dealerships, animal research laboratories and construction sites," the FBI said in the bulletin.

The Earth Liberation Front has claimed responsibility for a string of arsons in Detroit, Philadelphia and San Diego, where a fire last year destroyed a 206-unit apartment complex under construction, causing $50 million worth of damage.[/b]

mrtazwrench
06-10-2004, 11:46 AM
111!!!

Foxtrot X-Ray
06-10-2004, 04:57 PM
We need to kick E.L.F. Right the hell offa this planet;

jeepsr4ever
06-10-2004, 05:49 PM
here here

rollen dean montoya
06-10-2004, 08:22 PM
can i blow them up? i'm alittle out of practice with making things
dissapear. later, jedi dog :lo1l:

jerry
06-10-2004, 09:35 PM
I live just outside of Eugene I hope I am all right in Veneta. He ( luser) just burned up Chevy no jeeps he did a pretty good job.

Jerry

Foxtrot X-Ray
06-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Chevy's burn up just fine on their own.. They don't need any help.

rollen dean montoya
06-11-2004, 07:11 PM
still ain't cool to destroy anyones stuff unless the owner does it.
this e.l.f. needs to be exterminated :evilbat: :spider:
later, rollen :lo1l:

Floridajeeper
06-11-2004, 07:37 PM
WOOHOO!!!!

E.L.F. bowling!!!! :t:

rollen dean montoya
06-11-2004, 08:33 PM
got an idea :sign7: lets all of us that have jeeps,eagles and any other 4x4
and go e.l.f. hunting :mrgreen:

cheapjeep
06-11-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm in :snipersmile: :2gunfire: :bazooka: :leftfighter7: :rightfighter5: :werecomingforyou: . I can't stand those puke's.

rollen dean montoya
06-11-2004, 10:18 PM
hey kevan, can we use the .50 cal sniper rifle?
later, rollen :lo1l:

Bulltear Ad