PDA

View Full Version : MSD vs DUI ignition

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Lifted79CJ7
06-16-2004, 08:31 AM
What are the pro's and con's of each ignition system and does anyone have any first hand use experience with each?
Jack

pyagid
06-16-2004, 09:26 AM
I have run MSD's on Chevy engines and my Brothers 4cyl YJ. Seems to make an improvement. I have thought about doing it on my CJ as well. It is definatly a much higher spark that stock.

My dad just stuck a DUI in his 304. We have not started the motor yet. It is a nice set up though. It only needs 1 power wire running to it jeverything else is self contained. I know he did research on both I will talk to him tonight about why he decided on DUI over MSD

-paul

Lifted79CJ7
06-16-2004, 08:13 PM
Cool, thanks paul! I really like the MSD and have heard nothing but rav's about it, but I am really interested in the DUI. Just seems to like it would simplify things under the hood of a rig I am gonna be on the trail with. Any input on what he thinks would be awesome! :sa:
Jack

cjmike67
06-16-2004, 08:28 PM
I run the msd off road box and love it . The motor seems to have more power and starts alot easier , but there is one thing to watch for . If you have any problems with over charging like i did it blew the box in about a week ! Unfortuneatly no warranty as it was over a year old !

just my two cents worth #-o

JMSII
06-17-2004, 07:33 AM
I have had the MSD box, Blaster Coil, Pro-Billet Distributor and Wires on my 79 401 CJ-7 for 5 years and have not had one problem. I am very pleased with the performance.

Having said that, if I had it to do all over again, I would probably go with DUI simply for the ease of hook up. (A lot less clutter under the hood)

Just my two-cent's worth.

Mudrat
06-19-2004, 07:13 AM
I ran a Jacobs on my Chebby 2500 and it did well (~+2mpg). I took it off and boxed it up before I traded the truck if anybody wants it, PM me.

Pat

81cj
06-19-2004, 03:17 PM
are Dui distributors C.A.R. #-o B approved ???????

Mudrat
06-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Dunno - I wasn't listed on their FAQ page either
http://www.performancedistributors.com/

Mud

ibejeepin
06-28-2004, 03:47 PM
I have the MSD offroad box, rev limiter, MSD distributor, MSD TFI coil upgrade and TFI Wires. I love the set up. It works great. I can shoot a flame out of my coil to my fender. It sets about 3"s from the fender.

Mudrat
06-28-2004, 03:57 PM
I have the MSD offroad box, rev limiter, MSD distributor, MSD TFI coil upgrade and TFI Wires. I love the set up. It works great. I can shoot a flame out of my coil to my fender. It sets about 3"s from the fender.
Cool thing to have since the 4th is comming up - but is it 50 state approved??

Mudrat

Dusty
07-02-2004, 09:03 AM
I'm going to be selling the Brand New DUI setup that i bought from Performance Distributors because like a kid in a candy store i can't resist the call of Edelbrock EFI which comes with a distributor. I think i paid 349 for the dist & 90 on high perform wires which i need to figure out if i can use on the Mallory that comes in the Edel system. Interested in a DUI drop me a PM. DUI's work really well i have used them before and loved the setup, simple to tune, easier than my old MSD setup which required the control box ect too many wires.

Bulltear Ad