PDA

View Full Version : Blind man charged after driving golf cart

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

cheapjeep
06-16-2004, 06:49 PM
PEACHTREE CITY, Georgia (AP) -- A blind man was charged with reckless conduct after he drove a golf cart through the city with help from an inebriated friend, police said.

Samuel McClain, 35, drove two miles through winding streets -- also accompanied by his guide dog -- before running into a parked car, police said.

No one was hurt, but McClain and Michael Johnston, 47, were charged with reckless conduct "due to the blatant disregard for public safety," according to police reports.

The report said McClain drove the cart Saturday while Johnston gave directions after having six or seven beers.

Peachtree City, about 25 miles south of Atlanta, has about 80 miles of paved cart paths and 9,000 registered carts that residents use for daily errands.

They must have needed more beer :razz:

rollen dean montoya
06-16-2004, 07:06 PM
sounds like a beer run to me :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:
but a blind dude driving? maybe they should have let the dog drive
#-o :mrgreen: :laughing3:
later, rollen :lo1l:

Lifted79CJ7
06-17-2004, 11:59 AM
I forwarded this to some friends and my buddy John who is a pilot wrote this back to me:

"this story happens to be at one place that i fly to regularly. Just thought I would add there there was also a seeing eye dog in the back seat of he cart. Guess they didnt charge the dog."

Ha ha ha, too funny!
Jack

rollen dean montoya
06-17-2004, 03:27 PM
the wife got a good laff out of this one :greenjumpers: :laughing3: :hathat49:
later, rollen :lo1l:

Bulltear Ad