PDA

View Full Version : engine timing

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

MADMAX401
06-18-2004, 03:31 PM
I HAVE A 401 0.30 VENIOLA FLAT TOP PISTONS,COMP 280 MAGNUM CAM,
319 HEADS,DUI HEI DISTRIBTOR,EDELBROCK AIR GAP AND 800 PERFORMER CARB,WHAT SHOULD I SET THE TIMING AT 10 DEGREES?

MARK #-o

Lifted79CJ7
06-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Hey Mark,
Let me know what you think of the DUI. As for the timing, sorry, I am not much help there, I just use the simple Edelbrock cam and timing chain setup - it's already marked.
Jack

MADMAX401
06-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Hey Mark,
Let me know what you think of the DUI. As for the timing, sorry, I am not much help there, I just use the simple Edelbrock cam and timing chain setup - it's already marked.
Jack
JACK,
I HAVE A DUI HEI DISTRIBOTOR IT WORKS GREAT,
I ALSO HAVE A PROFORM HEI I PURCHASED OFF OF EBAY IT WORKS GREAT TO, BOTH ARE ONE WIRE HOOKUP.

I WAS TRYING TO TO FIND SOMEONE WITH A 401 BUILT CLOSE TO MINE TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE SETTING THERE TIMING WHERE IT RUNS THE BEST.

MARK #-o

Mudrat
06-19-2004, 07:21 AM
JACK,
I HAVE A DUI HEI DISTRIBOTOR IT WORKS GREAT,
I ALSO HAVE A PROFORM HEI I PURCHASED OFF OF EBAY IT WORKS GREAT TO, BOTH ARE ONE WIRE HOOKUP.

I WAS TRYING TO TO FIND SOMEONE WITH A 401 BUILT CLOSE TO MINE TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE SETTING THERE TIMING WHERE IT RUNS THE BEST.

MARK #-o

Hehehehehe :wink: cut off 2 cyl, line'm up and set it at 12 degrees :?

I've got the I-6 with HEI and I finnally got mine going at +8 TDC and tweaked to about 12. For the V-8's don't have one yet, but I'll keep watching to see what you wind up with. :sa:

pat :?:

Bulltear Ad