PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure ?'s

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

rollbar
06-18-2004, 04:06 PM
I just changed the oil in my wife's 86' (258) & the oil pressure
is @ 48-50lbs on the street & hwy when I am sitting @ a light it drops to 18-20lbs. (stock guage), I tried to order the correct O/pressure guage but all of them are to FAT & hit the block & the one I did get that would fit in the space didn't work when I installed it so I replace it w/the old one.
Is this normal for the I-6, I don't remember cause I've been runn the V8 for a yr & a 1/2.

Thanks,
RollBar

P.S. I used the Valvoline High miliage (75,000 +)oil & used 1pt. of Marvel Mystery Oil, it helps out w/the valves.

Lifted79CJ7
06-18-2004, 05:53 PM
I had that problem too and said screw it and went with a mechanical setup. As for the O.P., sonds kinda low to me, but what do I know - I'm just here for the comic releif!

http://www.ehowa.com/show/picture.html?image=saddamvolley.jpg

Jack[/url]

Cjeeper86
07-28-2004, 09:56 PM
My I6 258 did that all the time untill i installed a High Flo oil pump. another thing to look at is your Oil Filter. when i used a Fram it never had much preasure i swiched to Wix and wow i didnt know a tired 258 could hit 42 psi.... as long as you have more than 14 psi you should be ok just dont run it hard.... use some sense and you will be fine.

pyagid
07-29-2004, 07:03 AM
I have read you should run a minimum of 10psi for every 1000 rpm. Your pressure sounds better than Mine has ever been. Which I hope ot improve when I rebuild my motor

-Paul

Bulltear Ad