View Full Version : Where is the MUD

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

80 J-10
06-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Man ,I feel like a kid witha new toy,wheres the mud :idea:

Mudrat
06-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Took a couple different Rubi's thru some mud during the Jeep 101 gig today. It's a DC traveling promo and we got to test the 2005's :? The new Wrangler has butt load of rear seat room and a much bigger space behind the back seat. Acceleration is 'ok' but not like my Hemi :t: It turns like a truck but not anywhere near as tight as a CJ or YJ :smile:

The Rubi's we had to stay in 4LO in 2nd (all were automatics). The trail the built was pretty cool, reminded me of Florida wheeling and the end was a 30 foot mud hole about a foot deep. They lined the bottom with rocks though so no good wheel spin and I got 'my observer' in trouble 'cause I took it at about 4grand on the tach :? :? :? :?

Mudrat

http://4wheeldrive.about.com/cs/eventsforjeep/a/jeep101courses.htm

Mudrat

rollbar
06-20-2004, 06:58 PM
4 grand w/a auto, gotta love it.
Sound like driving a tank, they should improve on the turning radius. :idea:

80 J-10
06-21-2004, 03:25 PM
The only good mud, is. "FLORIDA MUD" . At least we can do something right, right Rollbar. :?

rollbar
06-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Yep, You ain't been in mud unless it's been down here. :?

The clay is different, it's slick, the Fl mud sucks you in & your done so don't stop just punch it & TRY to get out. :shock:

cj5 buggy
06-22-2004, 07:00 AM
rollbar you been talking to my wife??? thats all she knows... starts getting a little muddy and sticky and wham she nails it... it usually works for her :t:

Frank

80 J-10
06-22-2004, 07:39 PM
I like to stop in the middle and then start,that is when you really know how bad your vehicle is :lo1l:

Toy Maker
06-28-2004, 04:26 AM
Even within Florida, there are different kinds of mud, so we have something for everyone. Yeehaw!

Mudrat
06-28-2004, 05:09 PM
Second what the Florida guys said :shock: :? :lo1l:

Tom how far is this from you?? http://www.oceanpond.net/pic/index_9.htm, I especially like the T-Bird and the bristol whit Jeep :shock: :?:

Mudrat

jeepsr4ever
06-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Mud in FLA.....wheres the mud? when I was there it was sandy bottom ponds :mrgreen:

we were fording 4' deep ponds down there, here in mn if it has more than 1' of water it has 4' of muck :shock:

Mudrat
06-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Click thru the picture gallery - they had some honest looking monster trucks being pulled out!!!!

Mudrat

Toy Maker
06-29-2004, 04:20 AM
Pat, it is 110 miles one way from my house to the parking lot of "Ocean Pond". I have not been there since they re-opened a few monthe ago, however I was there several years and two or three owners ago. Good play place with plenty of shade for parking, a large AG well for filling the hole, and a natural low spot that has accumulated a good bit of sediment.
For some other pics of sick rigs, check out
www.camouflageracing.com
www.chuckstrucks.net

cj5 buggy
06-29-2004, 07:00 AM
Mud in FLA.....wheres the mud? when I was there it was sandy bottom ponds :mrgreen:

we were fording 4' deep ponds down there, here in mn if it has more than 1' of water it has 4' of muck :shock:

MC... so all that stuff that you left in my pool was sand... i don't think so... i call that Mud... especially when we where having our little mudd fight when we got back to the house... remember??? we got mud baby... :t: 8) :lo1l:

Mudrat
06-29-2004, 08:17 AM
Thanks, haven't been to Chucks Trucks in a while, but that 'Camoflageracing ' site is pretty sick - I LIKE IT !!!! :? :lo1l: :lo1l:

Don't have the need for a buggy like those though.

Mudrat

Mudrat
08-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Well around here the water has receeded, and mud is now back to dirt. Time to cut the grass and keep on cleaning the back yard up.

Mudrat

Bulltear Ad