PDA

View Full Version : gaskets

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mrtazwrench
06-19-2004, 02:50 PM
i just got used headers for my 360, and need to order gaskets ofcourse, so what's everyone running, and whats good? i need bolts also, and i'm going to pull my valve covers while i'm in there, so what's good for those gaskets also? :-| THANKS!

tufcj
06-19-2004, 05:26 PM
For valve cover gaskets, I like Fel-Pro. The best header gaskets I found were made by Harbor Industries, #851. They were thick and sealed very well, but I don't know if they're still in business. The Mr. Gasket header gaskets have the hole cut too big, so you don't get a good seal at the header flange. For bolts, I like to get hardened (grade 5) allen head bolts, They're easier to tighten because you don't have interference between the tube and wrench.

I ended up going back to stock manifolds a few years ago because of the smog police. I really don't see much difference in performance, and it's much quieter. :roll: I guess I got old. :-| :-|

mrtazwrench
06-19-2004, 07:06 PM
thanks! :t: i was hoping i could get the tuff-cork for the valve covers, they don't make them, i did get the fel-pro header gasket number, so i may try those, now i know mr gasket is no good.

Bulltear Ad