PDA

View Full Version : odd ball swap

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

bigun
06-21-2004, 11:18 PM
not sure where to post this so here goes, one of the guys has decided to swap in dodge 1/2 ton axles with a 727 and 440 into a scout.He just swaped 3/4 ton axles into his Ramcharger so for him this was a logical idea now actully swaping in the axles is no big deal where the trouble starts is.
A. This is to be a daily driver and we need ideas for the steering arms I am told that chevy and dodge share the same taper in the bolts in the arms but we need to know what that is and is it feasable for us to manufature our own arms or should we buy some from some one else , does bulltear have these.

We are trying to keep this guy from doing some lash up that getys him hurt or killed this is a case of older been there done that trying to keep a kid from learning the hard way. If you are wondering why I started with A I am sure this one is going to bring lots of Questians, Thank You.

jeepsr4ever
06-22-2004, 07:33 AM
hmmm...we dont manufacture any arms although I have made them in the past..Keep up updated and maybe we can help along the way :t:

bigun
06-22-2004, 05:36 PM
As usual funds are the big problem here What we were hoping is someone would know what the taper on the hole is and where we might be able to find the reamers for it Thanks :!: :!: :!:

Tigger
06-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Call Russ at www.baertrax.com or email him at baertrax@baertrax.com he makes steering arms and can do it for a pretty good price there are pics on his site of what he has made (not many pics but you will get the idea)

bigun
06-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks This kid is typical he can build some pretty assume stuff with little or no money when it comes to performance ( He once stuffed a 318 into a mazda RX7 and seems to have the only source of dodge big block truck bell housing) but he gets so caught up in the performance he forgets about the safety. But I guess that is what the older guys are for right? So thanks again for all your help he has the axles underneath the scout already it looks like it is going to be an assume rig.

Bulltear Ad