PDA

View Full Version : Finally Ordering Pistons

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

XtremeOverKill
06-23-2004, 02:46 PM
But which ones...

I'm looking for a few general things, and then a few specifics.

I'm looking 1 to see who are the companies that make Pistons for the 360
I would at least like to know who you guys have used already for purchasing pistions. I'd rather not go custom but if I have to, I want it to be because I have exhausted all of my other options.

Now on to specifics
I would like something in the 9.5:1 to 10.2:1 CR Range with a 62 CC head.

With a Flat section for the Quench zone. I hope to be pushing about 0.035 Quench, and I'd like to have a good flat spot on the piston to Squish all of the molecules where they need to be. - Take some more material out of the Valve releifs - thats fine with me

and at this point I'll consider Cast or Forged slugs. I'd just prefer to stay away from Badger.

Other than that,
I am seeking your advice

jeepsr4ever
06-23-2004, 03:13 PM
You may want to check ebay for pistons, forgings are a real \lly good way to go, also mad dog racing is sellilng forged rods for AMC 360's soon. With a forged rod forged pistons and a butter crank you could supercharge that bad boy :t:

tufcj
06-24-2004, 08:38 AM
With that CR, you would probably want a forged piston. Just got a set of Ross forged pistons for my 69 390 thru Mad Dog (www.fastengineparts.com - 800-792-9984). They are some nice pistons. Ran $549 for the set with pins. They have some in the 10:1 range and some in the 12:1 range. To get the dish you're looking for, you may have to go custom. I know Ross and Keith Black will both do custom AMC pistons.

Bulltear Ad