PDA

View Full Version : Heat shielding material

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

purplewg
06-30-2004, 04:45 AM
I have a 302 powered Wrangler with headers and needless to say it gets pretty hot inside. I am looking for some nice looking heat shield material I can put either outside on the firewall or inside the firewall. I figure someone here has run into the same problem. Thanks

jeepsr4ever
06-30-2004, 06:56 AM
Their is a heat sheilding amterial you can put on either side of the wall. I have roached my feet many a times on my floorboards from fednerwell exhaust. In the winter it keeps the floors warm, in the summer its hard to wear boots :oops: Untill I went to a heat reducing material I didnt know what a difference it could make. Check out summitracing.com or jegs.com for heat sheild material

purplewg
06-30-2004, 07:14 AM
Their is a heat sheilding amterial you can put on either side of the wall. I have roached my feet many a times on my floorboards from fednerwell exhaust. In the winter it keeps the floors warm, in the summer its hard to wear boots :oops: Untill I went to a heat reducing material I didnt know what a difference it could make. Check out summitracing.com or jegs.com for heat sheild material

Ok, I just went out to Summit and ordered some. Thanks

rollen dean montoya
06-30-2004, 07:04 PM
i had heat shielding problems on a fiero gt. what would happen is the
clutch slave cylinder would get cooked by the crossover header from
the rear cylinder bank. i used an insulation blanket that was "donated"
by boeing for the job. it was used to cover a coupling inside the engine bay of a pw2040 c-17 engine. the slave cylinder never cooked again
cause the blanket is rated for 500 degrees .
later, rollen :lo1l:

RustyJeep
06-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Also, for thos elooking to go out on the cheap, go buy some waterheater insualtion at home depot or lowes. It's got aluminum foil backing on both sides and is like only 1/4" thick, but does the job nicely.

purplewg
07-01-2004, 04:34 AM

Well, I made a plate to cover that 4 inch square hole in the passengers firewall. I took it for a spin last night and what a difference just that made. No it doesn't seem like the heater is on. I don't know why the guy didn't plug it before. At any rate between that and the shielding I ordered I should be in good shape. Heat down here in FL is unbearable during mid day.

rollen dean montoya
07-01-2004, 07:06 PM
you haven't been to the mojave desert or death valley in socal . the
average temps get to 119to 125 in the mojave desert and 125 to 127
in death valley ca :shock: cooks lizards trying to cross the roads :!:
oh yea you can cook meals here in the daylight without fire!
later, rollen :lo1l:

Bulltear Ad