PDA

View Full Version : ...and i crashed!

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mrtazwrench
07-19-2004, 12:17 PM
driving home last night comming up on 2 cars at a stop sign, i have no brakes! :shock: so i panicked, ended up locking the steering, jerked the wheel and broke it loose, mowed down a stop sign, avoided the other 2 cars there, made it across a busy highway without hitting any cross traffic, windshield was busted out, my hands got all cut up, and my left eye is still iching. #-o my wife was following me and saw all of this! and i had just dropped off a car trailer, i think the trailer is bad luck, last time i returned it, i blew the motor in my ford truck. :-|

jeepsr4ever
07-19-2004, 12:28 PM
:shock: DAMN MAN Hope your alright :!:

rollen dean montoya
07-19-2004, 03:31 PM
dude, i hope you didn't get beat up too bad. sucks to lose the brakes.
watched a trucker lose the brakes on ca-18 dropping into lucerne valley.
damn near ran my ass over and i was on my goldwing! at least he did like you and missed everyone by putting it against the side of the hill to stop.
he needed a drink afterwards. :razz:

mrtazwrench
07-19-2004, 07:52 PM
i'm doing ok, hands are a little sore, becuse i worked today with all the cuts. i had it towed to my dad's next door where my parts trucks are, went there after work to look at it, i had thought the master had failled, but there is fluid at the rf wheel, i need to get someone to pump the brakes to tell if it's the hose or caliper bolt, dspo had worked on the front brakes, so anything could be wrong. to get it back on the road i'd have to correct the brakes, clean up the glass, put in the windshield i have in the shed, and bend trim or replace the front bumper. i'm not sure what i'll do i just picked up an xj that the case from the wag would fit, i have another wag being delivered soon i hope, and the friend i borrowed the trailer from has a wag that has a very clean body and frame, had an engine fire, and sat with the hood off, so it needs a motor and some work $500 and it is very clean, he'll hold it for me too! it will be a year before i could buy it :-| thanks everyone aksing that i am ok! :t:

jeepsr4ever
07-20-2004, 10:42 AM
:oops:

Lifted79CJ7
07-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Wow Taz, that sucks! So what kinda truck were you in?
Jack

mrtazwrench
07-24-2004, 07:54 PM
it was my wag. got the glass cleaned up today, lots of rust a few places on the gasket mounting area, so that could be a problem with putting glass back in, i'm either going to set it up to plow with this winter, or part it and hopefully get the real nice wag body that i found and build that, i'd still like to get a j-truck to build, but not enough time or $$$.

Mudrat
07-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Bummer man. What year was it? And will the new body work on the chassis or do you just want to swap power traines?

Glad you survived.
While I was teaching my daughter casualty control drills we did the e-brake emergency stop. She jumped the e-peddle kinda hard and locked the rear tires up in the truck. She was shook-up and rattled bad, but saw just how fast that can stop 4000 lbs of 30MPH rolling Dodge!!

Mudrat

mrtazwrench
07-29-2004, 06:15 PM
i got my freebe wag, has a lot of frame rot, but i think i can use it to plow snow this year, and combine it with the smashed one next year, using the left overs for the good wag.

Bulltear Ad