PDA

View Full Version : How do you invent things???

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepsr4ever
07-22-2004, 10:10 PM
I was told long ago by a good friend, he said

"MC, you know how to invent things, You take anyithing in your daily life and if its a pain in the a@@ you make it easier by using a new idea or technique"

That sticks in my head like that midget hanging from the I-beam from a hard hat with super glue :mrgreen:

For example the air cleaner nuts, I invented those because I am always and forever working on these engines and messing with carbs to get that perfect balance and the nuts flings off very easy to remove the air cleaner, I also made the alternator brackets to make it easier to remove the alternator, I am willing to bet that I may actually have the record for engine teardown on a AMC V8 with these inventions. :mrgreen: Its fun having these items on my V8.

Haf of the invention process is spawned from neccesity....getting it done before the weekend and trailrides or just to cruise on the weekend....BTW I live for late night wrenching. I would love to help a member with his/her project if i could.

-MC

:sa:

pyagid
07-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Thats the way it works. You are doing something relize it sucks and say how could I make this better and go faster. While programming at work it is the same way. I will start doing a task in the program and quicly realize if I could automate a proccess more, or make it skip to another process, it makes the job much less tedious.

jeepsr4ever
07-23-2004, 06:56 AM
:t:

Floridajeeper
07-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Now see...I'm motivated by "cheaper". As in...how can I make something as good or better...but cheaper?

:-|

rollen dean montoya
07-26-2004, 03:28 PM
i'm always annalizing my job package here at work to see if i can go any
faster than i do now. i have 27 jobs to do per ship and a 15 day span time.
it takes me 11 days to complete this package at the moment. and i'm just
screwing off :mrgreen:
later, rollen :lo1l:

Mudrat
07-27-2004, 06:59 PM
... I am always and forever working on these engines and messing with carbs to get that perfect balance and the nuts flings off very easy to remove the air cleaner,
... I also made the alternator brackets to make it easier to remove the alternator,

....BTW I live for late night wrenching. I would love to help a member with his/her project if i could.

-MC

I'll remember you said that bro ... :shock:

Just remember there are MORE I-4 and I-6's in all sorts of Jeeps than 8's. Though we wish, dream and drool for more power, we have what we have and are trying to make the best of it.

Mudrat

jeepsr4ever
07-27-2004, 07:11 PM
:wink:

rollen dean montoya
07-27-2004, 08:26 PM
yes, those of us with I-4 or I-6's would love more power but i think i'll
keep the 258 to keep me from losing my licence #-o got this heavy
right foot and when on the bike a heavy right hand :mrgreen:

Bulltear Ad