PDA

View Full Version : Yo.

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

djfuzzy
07-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Hey everybody. I am new here. I have a 1983 CJ7 Renegade...pretty much stock right now but it is in the restoring process. I try to join as many forums as possible for some dumb reason...and I just stumbled upon this one today.

Here is my Jeep. Poser shots for now, waiting on some suspension replacement parts before I start taking it off road...although it is fairly capable as is.

http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/FAILUREveggie/Naked%20Jeep/DSCN0656.jpg

Lifted79CJ7
07-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Welcome aboard DJ! Man, that is a pretty clean looking CJ! LEt us know whatever questions you might have and someone will defintiely help you out!
Jack

jeepsr4ever
07-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Welcome aboard! That is a nice looking jeep ya got there :t:

djfuzzy
07-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the compliments and warm welcome. I never stop tinkering with that Jeep of mine, so I will almost surely have questions for you.

rollen dean montoya
07-26-2004, 03:22 PM
welcome! :t: nice cj7 :t: you should find lots of good info here.
remember this"we're here to help ya"
later, rollen :lo1l:

pyagid
07-27-2004, 06:29 AM
Welcome aboard :t: Thats a real clean looking CJ. What are you plans for it?

-Paul

80 J-10
07-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Welcome

Mudrat
07-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Bienvenudo!! Those are TEXAS tags right!!!! I hail from the Gulf coast/SE Houston area myself. Welcome and ask away, as Dog said, we're here to help.

Mudrat

djfuzzy
07-29-2004, 02:15 PM
I am from the Northwest side of H-town, myself. In the Tomball area.

The plans I have for that CJ are to finish restoring it, right now I would say it is about 85%, then I will plan on lifting it just about 3 inches with suspension components and putting some larger rubber underneath it, no more than a 33. Other than that, I have no extreme plans...yet. But I know from experience that Jeeps are addictive...we didn't sell our old Wagoneer until it finally all but died. It had about 8" of lift and a Windsor 351 underneath the hood. It was a mean ol' rig. :D

Once again thanks for the welcomes...I actually need help finding a good wiring diagram if anyone can help me out. The Chilton's guide is NO help at all.

Mudrat
07-29-2004, 04:19 PM
A wiring diagram for the CJ? What are you working on?

Mudrat

djfuzzy
08-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Long story short, I broke it. Haha. Took it offroad and the battery fell of the tray, disconnected some wires. Upon starting it the next morning I FRIED all the wires coming to and from the ignition coil. Meaning fried ignition module...blah blah. Replaced all kinds of crap - pick up coil, ignition coil, module, wires, etc. Then just yesterday I tested the friggin module again and it tested bad so I returned it, brought home another and voila! The Renegade started right up...

I needed the diagram so I could rewire all the crap underneath, but I did good without it. Next project is to Herculine the inside of the tub :D

iqsr2
08-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Welcome! :t:

Bulltear Ad