PDA

View Full Version : Oiling Problem

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

pyagid
07-30-2004, 06:35 AM
with the 360 in my CJ. It seems to have gotten worse lately.

On initial start up when the engine is cold, my oil pressure on a fresh oil change will read about 50-60 psi. at idle and not fluctuate much while driving. Once the motor gets to operating temperature, i have maybe 5-7psi at idle, and while driving it never gets above 30.

Is this something that the midplate and new pump gears could cure? Does this sound like the characteristics of a worn housing?

Also as of recently if i am cruising at about 2,000 rpm then let off the gas I will watch my Oil Pressure gauge jump up another 5 psi or so before it drops down with the rpm of the motor.

I was not planning on ripping this motor apart until the fall

-Paul

jeepsr4ever
07-30-2004, 06:40 AM
sounds like your oil pum pis worn, new gears and a resurfaced or using a midplate will help......possibly a new cover. If it was bearings it would be low on startup

pyagid
07-30-2004, 06:42 AM
sounds like your oil pum pis worn, new gears and a resurfaced or using a midplate will help......possibly a new cover. If it was bearings it would be low on startup

Thats what i was thinking, and generally at higher rpms if it was bearings it would drop the psi as well.

Thanks

-Paul

Bulltear Ad