PDA

View Full Version : ordering steering parts

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

luxi401
08-03-2004, 02:55 AM
Hi. I am in the process of ordering steering parts for my 86 CJ. As I do not live in the states, I have to mail order all my parts. 4WD Hardware seems to sell Omix steering components, what about the quality of these parts (don’t want to take a chance on such security relevant parts)? Originally I wanted to order Moog parts, but the part # / descriptions I found in their online catalogue are very confusing plus Summit does not list them in their online “price checker”. I need the left and right tie rod ends plus the complete drag link.
Question: How good is the Omix quality or does somebody have the right Moog part # at hand? Thank you!

jeepsr4ever
08-03-2004, 06:37 AM
Omix items are like crown, they may be made overseas(some of them) but they are decent. I think you will find them good little parts at a fair price

Mudrat
08-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Welcome luxi401. It's been a long time since I was in "The Good Land" with NATO (NAMSA HQ) beautiful place and it looks like there is some excellent wheeling there.

I've not had any problems with Omix parts. If you are looking for another source, Rubicon 4X4 has some Omix parts at http://www.rubicon4x4.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/459_424_2109 or you can make your own with 1.25 inch [U.S.] = 3.175 cm thick wall DOM threaded to accept the ball joints - or even Heim joints with through bolts to the steering knuckles!!

Let us know how we can help.

Mudrat

luxi401
08-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Thanks for your help and comments. And mudrat, I am glad that you liked it over here :flag133: as much as I enjoyed my visits to the States :flag202: . I think I will give the Omix parts a try (I hope it's not the last thing I am doing, a broken tie rod end on a high way is not very funny I guess... ).

Mudrat
08-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Our pleasure. And I hope to get back over that way when I have some time to do more sight seeing.

Pat

Bulltear Ad