PDA

View Full Version : Win a '74 Matador!

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Colin Rush
08-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Someobody donated an extremely nice 1974 Matador to our club, the RamRods (NW Chapter of AMO). I understand it is a one-owner car, and was purchased by a fellow that used to work for AMC or an AMC dealership. Anyway, our club will be raffling it off on the first Saturday of October at our club meeting. Folks are invited to buy tickets for a chance to win this car. This would be a sweet platform for a nice AMC street rod or drag car. It is black, and that is about all I know about it. I believe the tickets are $25 each. If anyone is interested in learning about the car, or in purchasing a ticket, please contact me and I will hook you up with the people handling the raffle. Again, we are located in Vancouver, Washington and Portland, Oregon, but this is open to anyone.

fulsizjeep
10-20-2004, 09:33 PM
who da weener? got pix? :-|

Colin Rush
10-21-2004, 12:18 AM
Sorry to get your hopes up. Unfortunately, the folks that came up with this plan did not think very far ahead. If the idea of a raffle was to make some money for the club, then I would say it was a failure in the marketing part of things. Considering that the club has about 50 members and perhaps only 1/3 of those bought tickets (if that), then it did not do very well. No pictures, and no real notification made to the other AMC clubs in our area, much less anywhere else. I gave up on it since I could not get pictures of it to post. It probably went to someone in the Oregon or Washington area is all I can say. Tickets were for quite a bit more than I thought they were too, $50. It was a sweet car from what I understand. Someone got a sweet deal. If it had been me, I would have waited about 4 months, posted about it on all the AMC boards and sent notices to all the western clubs. Oh well.

jeepsr4ever
10-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Colin that is sad.... If your club does another raffle let me know I will help promote it. :t:

Bulltear Ad