PDA

View Full Version : Centech Wiring harness?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

rollbar
08-20-2004, 08:53 PM
www.centechwire.com

I saw this ad in the 4x4 catalog & was wondering if anyone heard of these people/company.

Thanks,
RollBar

roddiaz1
09-08-2004, 10:46 AM
I installed their base product in my CJ-8. It is a good product, but their deluxe product might be a bit better as it is pre terminated and has a better fuse box. I have heard mixed reviews from other owners, some love it some hate it. But that is true of the Painless product as well.

All I'll say it is a good if not better than the stock harness. I did have to go back and tighten most if not all of the conections at the fuse block. They use screws to hold the wires in place and with the offroad abuse and vibrations some of these come lose from time to time. What a Pain...

Rod

Lifted79CJ7
09-09-2004, 12:23 AM
Contact Mudrat, he rewired his 7 but I can't remember what brand he used. I have heard mixed reviews about Centech, but I have heard more varoable reviews about Painless.

I did hear that some of their specialty wiring (painless) harnesses are more of a pain in the rear (friend bought the LT1 conversion kit and basically had to redo the whole thing himself, and at a cost of $300 he wasn't real happy).

Jack

Mudrat
10-10-2004, 05:42 PM
www.centechwire.com

I saw this ad in the 4x4 catalog & was wondering if anyone heard of these people/company.

Thanks,
RollBar
Yup in fact Jack and I got the CJ RUNNING today!!! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

I've got video, but it's over 13Meg so I need to cut (edit) it down some. But Jack only gave me an hour to get this posted or he would!!!

Centech has a good product and everything is clearly marked - what they DON'T tell you is to add grounds.
I've been racking what few brain cells I have left for why the CJ ran a month ago and not 2 weeks ago. Jack came by today and we re-did all the continuity checks and power checks and even replaced the new starter solenoid just in case the one I had was bad, but no joy.
While jack was scratching his .. ah .. head … he said try jumper cables to chassis ground and see what happens, :idea: we got solenoid kick to the starter!!! So after installing a body ground we got FIRE!!!! And the rest is running history :?

I’ll see about trimming down the video and get it posted.

Mudrat :mrgreen:
ps THANKX Jack - a fresh set of eyes on the problem is always good!! Pat
WE'RE STILL #20 WITH 76 VOTES - SAME PLACE WE WERE THIS AM!! WTF FOLKS VOTE!!

Lifted79CJ7
10-10-2004, 06:23 PM
:t:

Bulltear Ad