PDA

View Full Version : ignition switch wiring HELP!!!!!!!

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

amc258
08-25-2004, 04:13 PM
My ignition switch jammed up, I am installing a dash mounted switch, I need some help with the color coding of the wiring harness.

The large clip goes as follows:
Red
Red w/stripe
Yellow
Lt Blue

The small clip:
Red w/ stripe
Black

I need to know where each one goes, so I don't burn anything up.
Thanks a bunch

jaber
08-27-2004, 07:27 AM
You might try IFSJA they seem to have more factory spec gurus there that might have what you need. I got several hits on my question there, not in any way saying its better, just another option to help you in a timly fassion...

Good luck.

mrtazwrench
08-27-2004, 11:38 AM
he got dig links posted over there, i have the wiring page i my favs if anyone wants the link. :t:

Mudrat
09-18-2004, 07:03 PM
he got dig links posted over there, i have the wiring page i my favs if anyone wants the link. :t:
TAZ you have a more readable page for the 85 CJ's? I'm back to troubleshooting this 8) ignition for the I-6 and the book print is so old and small I can't read it even with a x4 magnifying glass and x2 glasses!!!
3 weeks ago this thing was running. Last Sat, Jack was over helping out and we tried to start it and the only thing that happened - no matter what I did - was the E-brake light came on. Headlights= E-brake, Turn signals/emerg flashers = E-brake, the freaking FAN!!! = E-brake light. WTF???? And the emergency brake cable is not hooked up and the brake isn't set. If I unpluch the e-brake switch, the light doesn't come on, but that didn't solve the starting problem ???? I'm so :onfire:

Thanks Mudrat

mrtazwrench
09-18-2004, 07:32 PM
it's only for fullsize, but i'll post the link anyway. http://209.238.200.129/gw/elec/GW_wiring.html

Mudrat
09-18-2004, 10:08 PM
it's only for fullsize, but i'll post the link anyway. http://209.238.200.129/gw/elec/GW_wiring.html
That's a lot of info there - wonder if there's one for, as he put it "small Jeeps" ;-)

Thanks
Pat

mrtazwrench
09-18-2004, 10:28 PM
:t: it would be cool to have the same for the cj's, tried to print one of them, took me a while to make it work, now i think i forgot how. :-|

Bulltear Ad