PDA

View Full Version : Welding with a fine wirefeed

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepsr4ever
08-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Bought a Miller #251 wirefeed...this welder blows away the 210!! I am seriously impressed at the consitency of the power output! SMooth...ultra smooth wire fed beads. We are using 75-25 mix with a .035 wire..never before have I seen a weld that looked better than with this machine. unreal!

mrtazwrench
08-29-2004, 09:26 PM
so are you throwing the 210 in the trash then? :-| if so i'll take it, i've been checking out welders for a while now but no $$$ :smile: just kidding about that throw it in the trash statement. :mrgreen: hope to get something to weld with next year, i hate using the one at work, it was broken after i did a bunch of welding on my wag in july, i don't know if the boss thought i broke it, but the guy who uses it the most said it had not been right for a long time, it had a broken tube in the torch and needed a new one, not cheap either $250 :shock:

fuzz401
09-29-2004, 06:04 AM
the millers are nice I have the 175 and it does a great job MC try the .024 wire in it i like it better then the .035 wire

Lifted79CJ7
09-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Why do you like .024 over .035? .035 is all I've ever used up to this point. I might have to try and check it out.

Phil
09-30-2004, 09:40 AM
I wish I had a MIG I have to do all my welding with an old AIRCO stick. Its a pretty good unit it has high and low settings with constant variable settings on each side, and will go AC/DC on the output. Gets pretty tricky doing small/light , peices or body panels. but it will work. If I had the $$$ I would go for a TIG, no smoke, no mess, just nice clean tight welds.

jeepsr4ever
09-30-2004, 12:58 PM
thats how I learned..good old stick. I like to use stick outside for hard welding jobs

Goose
10-02-2004, 12:02 AM
Tell ya what if you ever get the chance to try one of millers adaptive pulse units..you will like it we use it at work and wow ..Nice bead big power..fast! Use .045 wire though and you really gotta keep moving..

But the toy I want is the plasma cutter ohhhhh baby chuck /oxy acetylene and the sawsall...phhhhhhtt light saber also costs as much as my jeep.. :smile:

Mudrat
10-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Plaaaassssma :? (Simsons voice) :? http://www.bulltear.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1819&highlight=plasma+cutter

Mudrat

Tell ya what if you ever get the chance to try one of millers adaptive pulse units..you will like it we use it at work and wow ..Nice bead big power..fast! Use .045 wire though and you really gotta keep moving..

But the toy I want is the plasma cutter ohhhhh baby chuck /oxy acetylene and the sawsall...phhhhhhtt light saber also costs as much as my jeep.. :smile:

Bulltear Ad