PDA

View Full Version : 401 CONTEST??

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

JMSII
09-01-2004, 10:30 AM
I am not trying to be a jerk and complain, but when an organization has a contest and posts the rules, I think they should be adhered to.

In the 401 giveaway contest, it was stated well in advance that the drawing was to be held on September 1st. It was also stated that all tickets must be purchased PRIOR to August 31st. This was all posted WELL ahead of the deadline.

A lot of us followed those rules, yet we are told today that "due to last minute ticket sales the drawing was postponed until September 3rd" In addition, the whole 401 Giveaway section is locked so nobody can respond on that thread.

I was wondering what kind of message that sends.

To some it might appear that the box is being "stuffed" after the fact. To others it might just mean that the last minute response was overwhelming. Being that no other explanation was posted, and the fact that as of 3pm Pacific time on the 31st (remember the rules said entrys must be purchased PRIOR to the 31st) the rules still said that the drawing was on the 1st it does raise some questions...

Like I said earlier, I am not a whiner, nor am I accusing anybody of anything. Before I get pounded by other members let me state that I really like this site and I think MC has done a world of good for AMC/Jeepers and is the nicest, most helpful person I have ever talked to about AMC/Jeep issues. This site and his products are awesome!

All I am asking for is a reasonable explanation as to why the rules were changed more than 16 hours AFTER the posted deadline. Is that too much to ask?

jeepsr4ever
09-01-2004, 10:48 AM
a couple of things here

1. I am having a hard time finding time to writedown all the names and tickets
2. we still are getting snail mail entries prior to aug 31st
3. sept 1st deadline was not obtainable beacause of the above
4. we are still turning down entries sent by paypal....still learning how to do that as well.

5. QUIT SENDING US MONEY FOR THE DRAWING....its too late..we will be doing another one soon

JMSII
09-01-2004, 10:56 AM
MC, I know you are probably buried with this contest right now, my post was in no way intended to be a slam of any kind.

I realize there is always a "learning curve" in anything, be it engine building or running a contest.

Your explanation is perfectly acceptable and I understand now. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was wondering and perhaps this can help them understand as well.

Please accept my humble apologies if my questions offended you in any way, manner or form. I would never intentionally impune your integrity. They were merely questions, that's all.

Like I said in my original post, I think you and your company are doing great things. I have recommended your website and products to many of my Jeep friends, and will continue to do so.

Have a great day!

jeepsr4ever
09-01-2004, 11:04 AM
no offense taken..

Its my birthday today and I am a little hung over...I fixed it to explain better

JMSII
09-01-2004, 11:10 AM
"Hung Over?" Been there - done that, :!: got the T-shirt! (Actually, a whole warehouse of those T-shirts!)

Happy Birthday man! Dare I ask how old?

jeepsr4ever
09-01-2004, 11:14 AM
take the square root of XXX divide it by XXX and triple the number to the tens power of XX divie those two and you get one hung over MC today

Mudrat
09-01-2004, 12:00 PM
JMSII, sounds like he can't write all the names on the tickets 'cause he can't read'm today :shock:

Happy belated B-day bro, I had another 8) paper due last night and I forgot about your birth aniversary :occasion4: :grouphuuug:

Mudrat :hathat49: :signsigh:

JMSII
09-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Hmm...could be a "focus" problem! Perhaps a little "hair of the dog" MC? :!:

TexasJ10
09-01-2004, 02:47 PM
I think the reality is that the rules stated that tickets could only be purchased at Bulltear, and that all tickets had to be purchased before August 31st. The post mark date really isn't relative since according to the previously posted rules, a valid entry cannot be obtained without actually providing funds before August 31st. I follow the concept above, but I am uncomfortable with how this is being handled. I think the concept of the giveaway was worthy and I sympathize with the problems that developed, but I think that procedures should be posted to withdraw entries previously purchased for full refunds.

I appreciate that MC put this together and I am definitely supportive of all the products that have been made available for AMC products through his efforts. I have no doubt that I will continue to purchase products here in the future. This particular situation is just one of those things.

jeepsr4ever
09-01-2004, 03:35 PM
I definately see your point and I need to tell you that we are busting our balls over here to make this happen....even getting pistons was hard seeing that these pistons are only produced a few times a year and we almost had to special order them. We will stick to the 3rd for the drawing and are dedicated to that. This is a extremely well build engine and isnt a giveaway to take lightly. I fell terrible for those who paid late and I stated to many that if your not post marked before aug 31st you will not gain entry. What should I do here guys can what I told these people in favor of holding a sept 1st drawing date? Its these types of complications that make us weary about giveaways... The 3rd drawing doesnt change the stats and by the rules of post marked pre 31st we will honor those who sent in money orders on monday but not tuesday.

sorry for those who dont agree with that part of the rules and good luck to all

-MC :sa:

Mudrat
09-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Matt,
You know me and I would suggest that the MAIL as in USPS date and/or the entry date be at least a week prior to the drawing. This gives the Postal Service time to deliver the mail and sets a cutoff date for PayPal entries. (some other drawings set a 30 day limit)
Example: The drawing date being on the 7th (or 14th) of the month but entries are closed the 1st. Anything postmarked, paypal'ed OR RECEIVED after that is not applicable to the present drawing. If somebody waits that long to send in their entry doesn't really want the motor (personal opinion).

Now, when are you bringing MY motor down to install :t:

Pat aka: Mudrat

djfuzzy
09-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Quick question. If the entries are recieved with a postmark date later than Aug 31st, will they be automatically submitted into the future 360 Giveaway? Mine were postmarked on the 28th so it isn't a concern to me I am just asking for some general knowledge and the fact that I just can't mind my own business.

TexasJ10
09-01-2004, 06:09 PM
MC, I sent you an email.

Lifted79CJ7
09-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Holy Cow, sooo much drama over such a nice thing that he is doing!! Thanks for putting all this together Matt, and :new-bday: !!!

I agree that giving a couple extra days to make sure the entries are all in was a nice thing to do. And if your dunb ass waited till the last minute to send in your money, sorry Charlie!!

Man, I can't wait to put this thing in my CJ! :t:

Jack

(Hope I didn't ruffle any feathers with this post!!)

rollen dean montoya
09-01-2004, 07:07 PM
jack, mudrat, the 401 is coming the the desert cause the eagle wants it!
i feel the need! the need for speed :mrgreen:
later, rollen :lo1l:

iqsr2
09-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Happy belated B-day bro :new-bday: :animalegg: :spam: funny huh.

jeepsr4ever
09-02-2004, 09:02 AM
After today...and we have returned late entries...we will be drawing the name! Tomorrow morning at 9:30 am someone will get their name drawn for a killer motor...we will post the winner but not all their contact info...LOL.

Dusty
09-02-2004, 11:56 AM
We want contact info so that we know where to pick this thing up from :lo1l:

jeepsr4ever
09-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Hey...did you get your edelbrock stuff today!?!?!?!!!!!

Dusty
09-02-2004, 12:29 PM
wont know till tonight, thanks for asking.

i saw you said there was a difference in shipping costs was that specific to mine? either way what do i need to comp you?

It's a good thing that im single, if i wasnt this thing would never have gotten these goodies

jeepsr4ever
09-02-2004, 12:45 PM
yeah that was your...naw I will eat the difference. Just keep us in mind if your looking for other things :wink:

Mudrat
09-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Just go ahead and pull my name. I need it and you know it. Besides that DOG in CA hasn't hosted you at his house now has he??? HUUMMMMM !???? :oops: (I also play the lottery and power ball with no luck) That way when you come down to meet the redhead er...ah ... help install it I can get Jack and Rob here too!!!

Mudrat
Too much $$$ into this ... SOMEBODY will be very happy to know :t:

jeepsr4ever
09-02-2004, 06:15 PM
9:30 am central time.....tomorrow

Briteblock
09-02-2004, 06:39 PM
I am really glad MC did this giveaway with all that he has going on in his life right now and at the shop. We are really doing some crazy stuff here and working some gawd awfull hours. :shock:

Let 'em bitch dude...nobody will bitch when they get this shortblock.

rollen dean montoya
09-02-2004, 06:54 PM
its still coming out to the desert! i wanna do 4 wheel drive burnouts
anytime anywhere :evilbat: just gotta figure out how to mount the front diff to the 401. besides you guys are gonna be frozen carps in the winter and i'll still me playing in the sand! oh did i mention i live in the ONLY
state that you can surf in the morning, play with your dirt toys in the afternoon, and then go night skiing all within a 2 hour drive :mrgreen:
and if you have a water toy or 3 go to the colorado river in 3.5 hours!
later, rollen :lo1l:

jeepsr4ever
09-02-2004, 06:56 PM
:?: :?: :t:

Mudrat
09-02-2004, 08:02 PM
I am really glad MC did this giveaway with all that he has going on in his life right now

DO TELL!!! I can't get him in the shop or on his cell - I figured he was still sleeping off his birthday :razz: :-)

J/K MC

Look forward to the results whatever they are - I just hope you can really bring it down and help me install it :-)
Pat

jeepsr4ever
09-03-2004, 07:00 AM
Mud, your very suttle 8)

Mudrat
09-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Mud, your very suttle 8)
Aren't I though :lo1l: :t:

Mudrat

Bulltear Ad