PDA

View Full Version : LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mulescj8
09-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Hey guys I'm JC....I won the 401 giveaway.....whooohooo........anyway,I've owned a Scrambler since 1988 and it started out bone stock,well after getting hooked up with a hardcore club in Tennessee,it (and still is) and on going project.I just bougth a stock 83 Scrambler with 54,000 miles on it and a 82 Scrambler with 90,000 miles on it all stock and are going to be put back original.........I was one of the fonding members of the Scrambler Owners Assciation and i'm now the new VP over the organization,you can click on the link below for more info about the organization,Im also President over my local club in Chattanooga,Tn.My current trail rig is an 84 Scrambler,bobbed 14 1/2" 8 point rollcage,soon to be a 10 to 12 point,TJ fender flares,258(soon to be a 401) FI motor,NV4500 Tranny,4to1 transfercase,Dana 60 axles with detriots front and rear with 1 1/2" 35 spline axles and stubs,Twin sticks,39.5 swamper TSLs,full racing harnesses and courbeau seats,below is a pick of my trial rig.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/215/215755/pages/545324/im000422.jpg

Here is the link to the Scrambler Owners Assciation- http://www.cj-8.com/

Hope to be spending more time here and if i can be of any help just let me know-JC :wink:

jeepsr4ever
09-04-2004, 09:17 AM
with all the lift and extra length its probly a monster when your standing next to it :t:

Welcoem aboard

ROBERT11
09-04-2004, 09:41 AM
Good looking Jeep and congratulations on your new motor.

Lifted79CJ7
09-05-2004, 12:39 AM
Question for ya, how did you get the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern front and rear on the dana 60's front and rear?

Jack

PS-Congrats on the engine(you lucky bastard!!) 8)

mulescj8
09-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Question for ya, how did you get the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern front and rear on the dana 60's front and rear?

Jack

PS-Congrats on the engine(you lucky bastard!!) 8)

The axles are Dynatrac axles,I had them built when i using this thing for a Daily Driver and couldn't have it down for more than a week,But i had them built before they got the rep and name they have in the axle world now,it was probably one of the 1st 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern 60s they built,I have about the same invested in them as my club members do in the ones they built thier self.I have around 5k in the axles and driveshafts and i have a friend that just finished a 60 front with the 35 spilne axles and stubs and after the parts,machine work and months of runing down parts he still ended up with about $3100.00 in the axle...which is more than i paid for my front from dynatrac with the highsteer set up and complete from hub to to hub,my rear was $2100.00 complete with disc brakes,detriot and 35 spline 1 1/2 shafts ready to bolt in......I called and priced a set for a friend the other day and the same axles where almost $11,000.00 hell i almost fell out of my chair..........Guess when you get that big you can charge for your name also-lol-JC :!:

rollbar
09-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Congrats on the 401 & welcome to the House. :t:

rollen dean montoya
10-06-2004, 08:25 PM
congrats on the 401. i was looking forward to installing the beast in my eagle :mrgreen: i guess i'll settle for the 360 :lo1l: nice ride and welcome to the jungle :lo1l: :lo1l: :razz: =D> :mrgreen:
later, rollen :lo1l:

mulescj8
03-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Guys just thought i'd do an update on things.....Scrambler has been down for just a little over a year and i hope to have it moving under it's own 6 banger power again in the next week or so.........it's underwent a big change in the last year.......I've been building a set of HP rockcrusher axles with 35 spline chromoly inner shafts,35 spline chromoly outer shafts,35spline rear chromoly full floater shafts with a rear spool and front ARB,full comp cut rear fenders and some cage work,42" TSL swampers,Bobby Longfield beadlock kit,custom front tube fenders,modified fender flares,full hydro steering and high steer set up,moved the front axle forward 2" and moved the rear back 6" which meant cutting out the inner fenderwells and installing a set out of a CJ-7,I'm using a set of front 2 1/2" BDS wrangler springs and a set of 3" BDS XJ springs in the rear and now sporting 112" wheelbase,out boarded front springs,relocated the fuel cell to the back and finally got around to doing the 32 spline output on the dana 300 transfercase.......still have some tube work to finish as well as front driveshaft.....the rear will be here today.......As far as the 401 everything got put on hold due to my dad getting cancer for the 2nd time and some other family issues.....but i have been picking up the needed parts here and there........it's just about ready for everything to be put together and hope to have it installed some time this spring..........hope to have it back on the trails in another couple of months............... :mrgreen: here are a few pics from several months ago hope they show up.-JC
http://www.cj-8.org/images/zoom/TQXHAP/viewsize/IM000780.jpg
http://www.cj-8.org/images/zoom/TQXHAP/viewsize/IM000785.jpg

youdidwhat
03-02-2006, 11:10 AM
my sawsall talks to me too it says, Go ahead cut a hole there if they did not want a hole there they would have put a sign up.

the people at work are getting sick of random holes :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lo1l:

CJim7
03-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Iz that a Party Barge i see in the background :!:

Jeep looks great! And for what it's worth, Camo paintjobs are a good thing :t:

mulescj8
03-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Yep it's a party barge......belongs to my neighbor.........he's a been hanging around me since he was about 7 learning to wrench on stuff,just can't figure out were i went wrong.....I'm trying to make my stuff stronger,wider and taller and all he wants to do is slam everything to where it's draging it's belly on the road #-o Good kid tho......he lets me use his shop and the slab on the side of his garage since i don't have one,heep has been there since july while i'm doing the rebuild.That camo job was done about 3 years ago and took about 45 mins to do,the 1st 15 mins was knocking the bottom out of a 12 pack to get warmed up :razz: didn't mask anything or sand it.......just went to town with the rattle cans.

Lifted79CJ7
03-05-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm green with envy!! NOW PUT THAT 401 IN THERE!!! :lo1l:

mulescj8
03-05-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm green with envy!! NOW PUT THAT 401 IN THERE!!! :lo1l:

I'm working on it!

Got a lot done the last few days.......got the rear driveshaft installed,got the front and rear diffs filled with grease and the transfercase lubed up and the radiator bolted back in.........battery charged up and just about ready to add the fuel to it...........and see if it wil start......... :lo1l:

mulescj8
03-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Finally got the rig home............sill needs alot of small stuff.
http://www.cj-8.org/images/zoom/TQXHAP/viewsize/IM000849.jpg

Bulltear Ad