PDA

View Full Version : The Edelbrock EFI Question thread

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Dusty
09-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Well being that a batch of us sprung for the Edelbrock fools injection there will be questions and issues that come up might as well make a spot to discuss it all.

So for starters where did you mount your control box?

I setup my mounting for right on the back of the glove box.

As to engine operation how are you guys doing with dialing it in?

idle RPM, is there a way to eliminate the idle control selenoid, stop it from kicking on and bumping up the rpms? i would love to set mine to idle at 750-800 and then if i am crawling over a rock have it idle down and chug to almost stall, i hate it when a idle selnoid kicks and bumps the rpms up to 1000 and then back to 800, i have had that come close to screwing me in other FI rigs.

But aside from that, my understanding is that the closed loop option means that the O2 sensor picks the optimal air to fuel ratio and adjusts it to keep it in that range and if there is a dead spot or lean condition then we can manually adjust it.

But what about tuning the chip, i thought i heard that we would have to send the computer into Edelbrock to tune the chip? who has gotten to this part of the install and tuning of the FI.

Just curious but either way here is one spot where we can all discuss this

Thanks again MC, for putting this together, i think i was the last one to get mine and boy am i excited now.

dusty

Bulltear Ad