PDA

View Full Version : Ack

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

CJ Shark
09-08-2004, 10:46 PM
:shock:

Ok I posted for a cost before but now I want some opinions.

History: Did the gears & spring thing a couple years ago and oil pressure was minimum 25psi hot. Long story short I jumped in Moose and went for a spin seeing almost zero oil pressure at the lights and about 10 running..........was at 25 just a few hours before.

So gears & spring wont help I would gather, thinkin its cover time. I remember when I installed the gears the adaptor was already scored.

Now do I go Bling Bling on the nickle stuff, or spend the extra cash on the regular cover but include a midplate?

May as well be honest cashflow is short since opening my own company, so I want the best opinion. Is the nickle just Bling or will I see a drastic increase in lifetime?

Also MC if you could maybe do a bulk order price for me that would be a huge help.....cover, adaptor, gears, spring, midplate (nickle and normal)

To end, yes I will be trying a mechanical gauge just to see if sending unit is shot on the elec gauge. But even at 25, I think its getting a little low.....I remember MC saying hes at 42 hot on his motor.

jeepsr4ever
09-08-2004, 10:50 PM
sounds more like a pm :wink:

Their is no gimmick to nickel.....zero

You can run another cast piece if you wish and maybe even save some dough by using a nickel coated oil filter adaptor instead of a midplate. I would be more concerned about what damage may have occured during the spout of zero pressure...have you checked your wire going to the sending sensor cap?

The nickel covers absolutely last longer...whether or not you need a cover that can give you 300K miles plus for life is a call you will have to make...i can only persuade you not to :wink:

Goose
09-09-2004, 03:43 AM
Well this scenario sounds familiar, This is what I just went through.. If the sending units isn't bad..Do yourself a favor and pull the pan and check a rod and main bearing..I did and they were roached :smile: ..So My money went into rods,mains and gaskets..Now Im beggin and borrowing for a new Timing cover (Or hoping MC has an overstock sale soon). But do check the bottom end out.. The best oil pump in the world won't hold pressure if the bearings are toast and if the small particles of metal are circulating a new cover wont last long either.. Check it out..

jeepsr4ever
09-09-2004, 06:01 AM
great advice goose :t:

CJ Shark
09-13-2004, 09:45 PM
:? :lo1l: :razz: :t: :sa: :!: :?: =D>

Doing the happy dance, just finished plumming in a new Auto meter mechanical gauge.

Started up Moose, waited for 5 painfully slow seconds and the oil pressure jumped to 65psi!!!!

Thanks for the tips guys, but seems I blew Sending Unit #3. That pile of poop is going into the trash.

just thought I'd update what happened

So MC I'm still planning on a mid plate and adaptor to get this sucker to (hopefully) 70+. I'll get back to you when the evil bill people leave me alone.

jeepsr4ever
09-14-2004, 06:39 AM
LOL I am glad to loose a sale on a nickel cover if I am saving you dough :t: Tell those bill guys to call me I love it when they get on a power trip. =D>

Bulltear Ad