PDA

View Full Version : Np 208 Info/help

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Goose
09-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Ok While rebuilding the 360 and replacing the T-176 (with another 176) I have now noticed what appears to be a LOT of slop in the tcase chain front drive shaft will turn 1/4 turn back and forth with a slapping sound..So What I need to know is How tough is it to replace the chain with the T-case in the Truck ?? J-10 that is.. And is this one of those take the case apart and hundreds of tiny pieces made of solid unobtainium go SPROING!! all over the ground..( basically I need to know how hard this is to do cause Im now too broke to buy a stinkin chain while I have this pig apart..) :oops:

Atransman
09-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Changing the chain is a very simple procedure. You will need to remove the transfer case from the vehicle though. I'm sure it could be done in the truck, but it will be easier out. As for parts flying out of it, there is no need to worry about that. A few bolts and a couple snaprings and you are set.

Goose
09-18-2004, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the info..I see you are a vendor.. Do you have chains for the 208..And could you pm me contact info? Thanks

Bulltear Ad