PDA

View Full Version : New Speedometer Cluster

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

TommyD
09-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone out there could figure this one out.

I recently installed a new speedometer cluster from Omix-Ada. The gas gauge appears to be working fine, but the temperature gauge steadily climbs to just under the H within about 40 seconds after running the motor.

I ohmed out the temperature sensor and it's right on the money according to the gauge diagnostic articles on the web.

I thought maybe the engine was overheating, but I installed a temporary mechanical temperature gauge and all seems well.

I ordered a new speedometer cluster thinking the first cluster was bad and the new one does exactly the same thing.

I have actually isolated the entire cluster with direct wiring from the sensor, battery and 3 different grounds.

What's up?

I just re-did the entire dash to make it look stock and I really don't want to start sticking other gauges to it.

Could Omix-Ada have miscalculated when designing that gauge? Anyone else using one of these clusters?

jeepsr4ever
09-19-2004, 06:27 PM
you mean could the chinese actually have screwed that up....I am willing to bet you may have a bad cluster

Penguin
11-30-2004, 12:42 PM
I had problems with mine also. I ended up burning up the gauge for fuel. So I ordered new fuel and temp gauges from 4WD and put them in instead. Plus now my gauges move the proper way.

Bulltear Ad