PDA

View Full Version : CJ storage.

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

cblood
09-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Has anyone come up with an ingenius way to make a storage box for the rear of thier CJ. I need one for storage of my laptop,tools, and other things as the CJ is my DD. I have taken out the back seat. Any ideas would be helpful. The only thing that I have found is the Tuffy. Way to much$$$$$$$. Wanted to either make my own, or get some ideas of what I can buy to put back there.

Lifted79CJ7
09-30-2004, 02:41 AM
Not sure about that one, but GO VOLS!!!! Good to see another volunteer here at Bulltear!

tufcj
09-30-2004, 07:51 AM
I had a local fabricator build a storage box for the rear area of my CJ (this guy built some prototypes for Tuffy). It's the same height as the fender wells, and fills the area from tailgate up to the front of the fenderwell. It has 2 compartments and 2 lockable lids. I had mine built as a full box, but he also could have just built a lid and 2 ends, and bolted it directly to the floor and fenders. It did cost almost as much as a Tuffy though. It's strong enough that I can strap my loaded coolers and camping gear on top, or even stand on it, and I actually have more space since it's flat side to side.

I can post pics if you're interested.

cblood
09-30-2004, 08:20 AM
I know it's a little off topic, but we are gonna whip some tiger ass this weekend :fist: I would apperciate some pics, or maybe even some specs if ya got them. GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeepgod
10-20-2004, 03:44 PM
well i have two things.. i have the large tuffy box for the back... that i would sell you for $150.... but you are in nevada.. and its big and heavy... so here is the second...

a friend of mine took his back seat out.. and used to pieces of sheet metal.. riveted one across the front of the wheel wells.. and the other across the top.. then put some really small angle iron across the edge.. and also riveted it.. to get access... you have to take the tail gate down.. and since he has a after market tire carrier... he just locks that.. and you cant get into it... sorry i dont have pics... but hope you can get some ideals.. from this..

Lifted79CJ7
10-20-2004, 08:14 PM
:-|

Boris Buttmunch
12-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Just an idea:Find a used (e-bay) "Trailer Box"(the triangular treaded tool boxes) and mount on rear bumper/tailgate. If you want to maintain functionality of tailgate:old seat slider's mounted on tailgate and rear of box. I have a couple of slider's that your welcome to free of charge. However,I'm using my glass 5er which has'nt a working tailgate and a large tube bumper.WELD or bolt the slider's to rear of box and...You have a spare tire back there huh? Hmmm...Maybe not.[/b][/i]

Bulltear Ad