PDA

View Full Version : Durabak

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mudrat
09-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Well I ordered up a couple gallons of Duraback bed liner 'cause I don't like the way the Huculiner came out - it's knarly and uncomfortable on bare feet and elbows. So since this weekend will be nice, my daughters YJ is going to get the Green treatment inside and out where the rock sliders mount as a rust preventive measure. This time I'm going to spray it in and see how it turns out.

Now I just need to cut the roll bar bolts out since I've already busted 3 Torx bits :(:

Pics to follow ...

Mudrat

Dusty
09-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Interesting point, i was thinking about Line-X for the inside of my Scam-bler.

Now that you mention it maybe just good old paint is a better choice. But doesnt line Ex and all insulate the cab from some of the heat produced by the exhaust? Or you could just paint it I have a Quart of Rustoleum Gloss Black Marine topcoat, Or i have a Quart of Rustoleum Marine Boat Bottom for metal hulls Flat Black. Maybe they will work in the hightraffic areas like the floor of your Heep.

Both seemed to work so Far on other things hopefully on a vehicle. on stuff. Actually i painted the Frame with the Boat Hull paint wonder how she will work, looks great goes on thick and smooth. They have a primer for putting over any existing rust and this stuff is supposed to be pretty good at resisting rust?

Food for thought

Mudrat
09-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Hey Dusty ... I did the POR thing on the frame and bottom of the tub after I replaced all the rusty spots with 16ga galvanized. After the POR rust inhibitor and tie-coat primer I had everything painted and then undercoated it before putting it back on the chassis. The object with the Durabak is to keep any and all moisture out as well as give a better wear factor. The side benni is the sound reduction - both from the insulation point of view and it changes the resonance of the sheet metal so ... well ... it doesn't resonate :t: Don't know if it will be any kind of heat shield or not, but since I'm up a couple inches in the YJ and up about 7 in the CJ there is a lot of room under there :idea: Well see.

Mudrat

Lifted79CJ7
09-30-2004, 02:44 AM
Go for the glow in the dark Line-X! :shock:

Mudrat
10-06-2004, 07:46 AM
Well I ran into an issue with getting the bedliner done last weekend -
1st - I got roped into moving a bunch of stuff over to a yard sale (OBTW I have 5 Jeep YJ rims (5 on 4.5) that need a good home, a couple trailer rims/tires (5 on 5) ..) and a CJ spare (5 on 5.5) as well :? )
2nd - I picked up 40' of 1.75 DOM for a cage project
3rd - it rained and I had to pick the crap up at the (canceled) yard sale
4th it took longer to get the old rollbar out and guess what I found Surprise :shock:

. . . . . . . . . . http://members.cox.net/mudrat/87%20YJ/Rollbar-2a.JPG

Well not really a surprise, but it's something else I get to fix before I spray in the Duraback .... :redhotevil:

Mudrat
Dang - wish I could work on just one Jeep at a time!!

Lifted79CJ7
10-06-2004, 07:54 AM
Don't forget one of these!!:

http://www.4wd.com/shop/productdetail.asp?c=4&model=yj&subcat=&division=7&category=287&productsku=47987

Jack

Mudrat
10-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Don't forget one of these!!:

http://www.4wd.com/shop/productdetail.asp?c=4&model=yj&subcat=&division=7&category=287&productsku=47987

Jack
Thanks, but mine will be 6 point and I have access to a ton (or so) of 1/4 and 3/8 plate ;-)

Mudrat

I need those little cable adjusters for the vent/heat cables!!!

Pat

Dusty
10-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Well I ran into an issue with getting the bedliner done last weekend -
1st - I got roped into moving a bunch of stuff over to a yard sale (OBTW I have 5 Jeep YJ rims (5 on 4.5) that need a good home, a couple trailer rims/tires (5 on 5) ..) and a CJ spare (5 on 5.5) as well :? )
2nd - I picked up 40' of 1.75 DOM for a cage project
3rd - it rained and I had to pick the crap up at the (canceled) yard sale
4th it took longer to get the old rollbar out and guess what I found Surprise :shock:

. . . . . . . . . . http://members.cox.net/mudrat/87%20YJ/Rollbar-2a.JPG

Well not really a surprise, but it's something else I get to fix before I spray in the Duraback .... :redhotevil:

Mudrat
Dang - wish I could work on just one Jeep at a time!!

Two words

RUST BELT i was never able to beat it in Montana witht he Magnesium Cloride that they use to deice the roads. They should ban that shit, go back to Sand and Gravel

rollbar
10-17-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm gonna do my 8 w/the Yellow Durabak & roll it on, I think about 3 coats would be good :? .

I'll be watching the progress of the project, Rat. :t:

Bulltear Ad