PDA

View Full Version : What did you guys do this weekend?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepsr4ever
10-10-2004, 04:15 PM
here is what I did

!!!!!!!!!!!

Obtained a dana 60-2 and a set of 8 bolt 3/4's from a J20...4:10's all the way around.

but I cut my index finger on my left hand to the bone

401 from bulltear put the first stitch in...went soo deep I almost threw up. I did the rest..not my first parade..I get better every time

This weekend doesnt want to end. The dana 60 rear (8 bolt) that I picked up is getting cut down to 59"s for my 97 ZJ. Replacing that stupid aluminum dana 44 :W The 60's hubs are off and we are starting the disk brake conversion this week and are aready done shortening the housing...now to repsline the axle shaft.
I even took pics of the meat of my finger....pretty gross

cheapjeep
10-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Took the wife to the airport saturday (she will be gone for a week). Went to the bar saturday night :razz: :razz: :razz: . And watched football all day today =D> . Boy, I sure hate baching it :wink:

mrtazwrench
10-10-2004, 07:26 PM
got the snow plow pulled off of a 78 j20, getting ready to put it on a 88wag.

Phil
10-10-2004, 09:09 PM
I just worked :smile:

Mudrat
10-11-2004, 05:33 AM
Decimated the evil Bug Empire Sat AM, cleaned up and reoccupied the land in the city of Stump in the area of Shop :lo1l:

Cut, thatched, aerated and winter-ized the yard got some cleaning done inside the shop too (not much) and kept tracing the wire runs in the CJ. Lotta time on the IGN SW.

Sun slept in (7AM) spent too much time on the web looking for those little cable adjusters for the YJ and a pitman arm for the CJ. Fixed the weed whacker so my son could finish the yard work and putz’d around the shop working on the wiring until Jack showed up.

THEN WE GOT THE CJ RUNNING (again)!! :? It turned out to be a bad (as in missing) body ground :oops: . After we got it running, found a 5/8 hole in the water jacket on the underside of the intake?? Water pump works great though!! :lo1l:

Something I don't understand however is why are we still #20 with the same 76 votes as we were Friday? I know I've voted 3 times since then ??

Mudrat

jeepsr4ever
10-11-2004, 08:11 AM
Good going on the evil bug empire!!

I think its because the server is setup to add the hits only every other day....

Goose
10-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Well I finished up the J-10 this weekend.
Put the new shift forks in the T-176 got the interior cleaned up .
Got me reloading bench finished and my dillon press set back up then
Shot in a smallbore match on sunday did alright

And laughed all weekend about the Bug empire

Sorry to hear about you finger !

tufcj
10-11-2004, 12:45 PM
First it was honey-dos, I have to make sure mama is happy before I retire to the garage. Spent the evening Saturday, and most of the day Sunday on the AMX. I've got all of the exterior trim on except the front and rear windows (bumpers, grille, tail lights, doors). I got all the new rubber seals in. It's all buttoned up underneath, and the radiator, hoses, belts, and such are in. I should have it running by next weekend.

I'm waiting on a carpet kit for the interior, and need to touch up the dash a bit. My club put my car in a Thanksgiving show and told me later, so now I may need to scramble a bit to get her done.

Bob.
tufcj

ROBERT11
10-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Decimated the evil Bug Empire Sat AM, cleaned up and reoccupied the land in the city of Stump in the area of Shop :lo1l:

Cut, thatched, aerated and winter-ized the yard got some cleaning done inside the shop too (not much) and kept tracing the wire runs in the CJ. Lotta time on the IGN SW.

Sun slept in (7AM) spent too much time on the web looking for those little cable adjusters for the YJ and a pitman arm for the CJ. Fixed the weed whacker so my son could finish the yard work and putz’d around the shop working on the wiring until Jack showed up.

THEN WE GOT THE CJ RUNNING (again)!! :? It turned out to be a bad (as in missing) body ground :oops: . After we got it running, found a 5/8 hole in the water jacket on the underside of the intake?? Water pump works great though!! :lo1l:

Something I don't understand however is why are we still #20 with the same 76 votes as we were Friday? I know I've voted 3 times since then ??

Mudrat

All that time spent staring at drawings for a ground :(:

Lifted79CJ7
10-11-2004, 03:58 PM

All we could do was laugh when we realized what it was. Hey, at least it's alive again!!

So MC, when are we gonna see that gnarly finger?!?!?!?!?!?!? :shock:

Jack

Mudrat
10-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Yeah - ain't that some crap!!! Had pwoer and no signal so I was looking for something broken - not missing :oops:

Pat

rollen dean montoya
10-12-2004, 03:47 PM
went to big bear camping. we had fun but the weekend was dampened when i found out my carpool partner and friend was admitted to the hospital in serious need of quad bypass on his ticker.
later, rollen :lo1l:

mrtazwrench
10-12-2004, 04:13 PM
:shock:

iqsr2
10-12-2004, 06:44 PM
I worked 72 hours just got off work today . Man am I tired.

rollen dean montoya
10-12-2004, 06:55 PM
get some sleep man!!!!!!

Dusty
10-18-2004, 01:54 PM
:shock: Helped my friend Ray (who is a new member here finally), put together a 360 from 4 different motrs worth of pieces. The Short block had pigeon crap ontop of the pistons, the lifters are from another engine, pushrods from another, intake is a torker off the blown up 304. Heads are from the old tired 401 that i got my short block from, guides were loose on a few cylinders valves are from a set of heads off a 360 that had rusted up from water sitting in the motor. to seat the valves he hooked em up to his drill and spun them.

Talk about a POS, he would never do this nor would i but we had one week to get him up and running for next weekends trail run. Fired the motor last night 65psi oil pressure from a TIRED 360. LOL I tore apart his spring packs also this weekend added an extra leaf. Hes puting drive lines in tomorrow and a new MC. :lo1l: Like we kept saying it only had to get to the trail this weekend, after that he is starting on a 401 Finally, he is stealing my spare 401 block and crank and going to town on them :t:

rollen dean montoya
10-19-2004, 03:12 PM
friday did a paid gunfight(lost) saturday went 4wheeling to the slash"X"
and sunday went to pioneertown and killed some more and did a commercial shoot.

Mudrat
10-19-2004, 09:24 PM
One word ...

TELLICO :? :lo1l: :razz: :t: :t: :t:

Mudrat ... pix to follow

Bulltear Ad