View Full Version : where the hell is everyone

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

ironroad 32
10-19-2004, 03:00 PM
well?

Dusty
10-19-2004, 04:18 PM
We are out there, very few threads getting started lately and even less for responses :smile:

Lifted79CJ7
10-19-2004, 06:42 PM
I'm sitting at my computer typing RIGHT NOW!! How creepy!!

jeepsr4ever
10-19-2004, 09:07 PM
I'm sitting at my computer typing RIGHT NOW!! How creepy!!

:?: :?: :?:

mrtazwrench
10-20-2004, 11:38 AM
:mrgreen:

fulsizjeep
10-20-2004, 09:16 PM
alive and well, thanks... :razz:

okiefsj
10-21-2004, 06:42 PM
:lo1l: rockin out wth my c#$k out loving that cherokee even when it gives me shiat

jeepsr4ever
10-22-2004, 12:42 PM
:?: :?:

Goose
10-22-2004, 03:53 PM
busy trying to "De farmer ize" My CJ did you know you could actually find people who would try to wrap an exhaust leak with CARDBOARD and bailer twine? (the orange nylon stuff taht melts)!!! :!:

Oh and the sins they have wreaked on this poor little truck with an arc welder and 1/2 plate.. there is a reason all the fencerows in farm country are lined with cars trucks and other farm equipment that sits right where it quit! 111!!!

mrtazwrench
10-22-2004, 05:37 PM
but have you ever seen broken leaf springs wrapped with duct tape? 111!!!

3jeepsdeep
10-22-2004, 08:47 PM
I have seen exhaust components held in place with copper electric wire - insulation melted off, of course; accelerator cables held to carburetor brackets withbaling wire (the steel kind), holes in floorboards covered with cardboard & duct tape ( the jeep kind...........of hole), I have seen radiator leaks staunched with a sheet metal screw, I have seen tire sidewall leaks staunched with a sheetmetal screw, I have seen tire tread inadvertently adorned by sheetmetal screws, radiator leaks fixed with pepper flakes, everything fixed with duct tape, and the best solution for squeaking v-belts or serpentine belts is STILL a squirt or 2 f Armorall.

It's amazing what lengths we will go to - or stoop to - just to be able to declare without shame, "It's still on the road!!!"

happy trails (with duct tape and baling wire, of course).

regards
Dan F

jeepsr4ever
10-22-2004, 09:46 PM
:?:

amc258
10-23-2004, 10:11 AM
the best solution for squeaking v-belts or serpentine belts is STILL a squirt or 2 f Armorall.

I never thought of that, I always just tightened the belt down :?
In the cast that that doesn't do it, I use bar soap.

Goose
10-23-2004, 03:38 PM
HEh Heh I have never seen the duct tape on the leaf springs trick..you know I'm beginning to wonder if Duct tape is actually back engineered alien technology..It seems to work on EVERYTHING .

My personal favorite is the dumb stunt I pulled. I had a 48 Willy's p/u that had broken the hanger for the rear shackle I was going to weld it back together on the truck (duuuhhh) so I clamped it with vicegrips and got called away before I got it welded and forgot about it. 3 years later I sold the truck and the guy who bought called me and asked if I wanted my vice grips back! It was still holding! talk about dumb luck. #-o

mrtazwrench
10-23-2004, 07:30 PM
a friend of my dad's visegripped a leaking brake line, got pulled over by the dot, the woman inspector did not care for it. :?:

scrambled
10-25-2004, 09:34 PM
HEh Heh I have never seen the duct tape on the leaf springs trick..you know I'm beginning to wonder if Duct tape is actually back engineered alien technology..It seems to work on EVERYTHING .

I rode a fourwheeler for a day with nothing but duct tape holding in the air. I even think it gave me a little more traction :mrgreen: Now that they have clear duct tape for the fashion minded I thihnk I am gonna throw away all my tools :oops:

Goose
10-26-2004, 03:15 AM
Hmmm Clear duct tape..I have seen camo and other colors but clear? Hmm I wonder ..Must have some got some ideas in mind :mrgreen:

jeepinjay
10-28-2004, 10:15 AM
I was out playing with my VW baja bug one night a few years ago and the steering column broke after hitting sn embankment. All I could to get home was to fix it with duct tape and a couple of hose clamps. I since then went to Jeeps and lost the need to carry duct tape.

mrtazwrench
10-28-2004, 11:19 AM
my in-laws used to have vw's they would carry a clothes pin to hold the throtle open when the acell cable would break. 111!!! they'd just pin it open part way.

Goose
10-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Ahhh Natzi rockets..Theres a farmers dream car!! YOu can bodge a VW bettle for umpty zillion miles then one day you go out in the driveway and the car is gone all thats left is stray bits of wire duct tape and misc. dust/rust. :wink:

mrtazwrench
10-28-2004, 04:12 PM
:mrgreen:

3jeepsdeep
10-28-2004, 07:08 PM
yeah - had several v-dubs over the years. duct tape * hose clamps were indispensible, as was electric wire (solid, 12 gauge). Used to fix broken accelerator cable, replace brohken heater cables, etc. a efw beers ano n one noticed.

df

Bulltear Ad