PDA

View Full Version : Yukon Gears & Pinions?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

rollbar
10-25-2004, 04:20 PM
R they any good?

Yes: :t:

No: :smile:

Why: :-| :shock:

RollBar

MC
10-25-2004, 04:48 PM
yes because they hold up well

no because they are made by slave labor

rollbar
10-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Really, what kind/who slave labor?

Thanks,

jeepsr4ever
10-25-2004, 06:07 PM
They are made in either india or china to my knowledge. You cant really hide from them as I think dana spicer also outsources their R&P's

rollbar
10-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Thanks,

RollBar

P.S. I heard that Bush signed the tax cut for companies to ship their items offshore for production. Figures. :(:

tufcj
10-25-2004, 07:44 PM
The rear of my AMX got the first set of Yukon gears I ever set up. I've done dozens of Dana axles, and always used Dana gears because my source gets the genuine Dana gears for the same cost as Yukons. It's the first time I've had trouble getting a good contact pattern on a set of gears. I tried 9-10 times and couldn't get a good pattern. I finally took it to a friend who has a pro gear shop, and it took him close to 2 hours to get a "fair" pattern. He wasn't real happy with it either, but it was the best compromise he could come up with. I'll stick with Dana/Spicers if I can get them for an application, even if they cost a little more.

Bob
tufcj.

rollbar
10-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Well let me ask U this, how much (if you offer your services) for a set (F&R) of Dana R&P's for a D-30 & AMC-20 or D-44.

Just a thought,
RollBar

P.S. I will need the kit also.

tufcj
10-26-2004, 08:04 AM
For friends and club members, I do it for $100 per axle if they bring me the axle. For that, I disassemble, clean, and install gears, repack or replace axle bearings. I do require they supply new gears and a master install kit. Used gears are harder to set up. I really don't like to do installs under a vehicle, it just takes too long, and I'm too old for that.

Sweetpea
10-26-2004, 01:06 PM
tufcj,

Do you know of a supplier that I can buy genuine Dana/Spicer ring and pinions?

tufcj
10-26-2004, 01:19 PM
I thought someone here on Bulltear was a dealer. I don't think you can get genuine Dana/SPicer for the AMC 20 anymore.

I have been getting mine from Mike at www.completeoffroad.com . You just have to ask for the Dana gears. I think he gets a little more for Dana due to recent price increases.

Bob
tufcj

jeepsr4ever
10-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Moderator Tigger from Tapoffroad.com is a gear dealer. PM him he has all kinds of great info

Bulltear Ad