PDA

View Full Version : Frame horns for CJ

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

thejeepingoat
10-27-2004, 11:57 AM
AMC V8

give me what you got and how much to get it,

also looking for a water pump pulley, want three grove will take two grove...also for an amc v8

W.T.Sumner
10-27-2004, 04:53 PM
This for that jeep you rolled end over end?

thejeepingoat
10-27-2004, 05:14 PM
nope, new jeep.

Dusty
10-27-2004, 05:27 PM
contact ray, new member he's got alot of crap hanging around his place right now, otherwise MC has alot of pullies ect.

As to the frame horns? im assuming you want the frame motor mount brakets? for an amc V-8?? i guess im not getting what your asking for or just thinking too much (ussually the case) what year heep. the 75 and older heep frame mounts are a little different than the later models. Also have you thought about the M.o.r.e mounts, thats what i went with for $200, it was worth looking into since even the neopreme mounts like to give up the ghost after awhile and are half the cost.

Otherwise ive got 2 or three sets of factory frame horns in the shed let me look around, i know i have mine since i just went to the more's

jeepsr4ever
10-27-2004, 05:29 PM
frame mounts for the V8 is what he is asking I am thinking

tufcj
10-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Ever think of the M.O.R.E. bombproof mounts? Kind of pricey at around $200 (can you make them cheaper MC?). I have a set on my CJ for the last 6-7 years, and I love them. They do transfer a little more engine vibration, but I can load the drivetrain when rock crawling without worrying about snapping a mount (about 1-2 per summer with factory mounts). So they've paid for themselves.

www.mountainoffroad.com click on catalog, and look for the bombproof mounts.

thejeepingoat
10-27-2004, 07:54 PM
frame mounts for the V8 is what he is asking I am thinking

exactly....ill look into to the MORE's but getting that thing built put me in the hole enough for now.

if anyone can come up with something, let me know. I found a waterpump pulley up the road for ten bucks.

Everything is going into an 84 CJ....my 83 is the one i made a pancake. It had a 4.3, but i parted that all out long ago. I just want to get everything in so i can get it moving itself under its own power. I hate pushing this thing in and out of the garage everytime i work on it. Ive been lurking this board and decided it was time to get moving on some stuff.

let me know something guys! thanks! :t:

Dusty
10-28-2004, 08:31 AM
where are you at?

thejeepingoat
10-28-2004, 09:59 AM
sorry bout that....

San Antonio, TX or 78233

thejeepingoat
10-29-2004, 08:27 AM
so what do you think? :-|

Bulltear Ad