PDA

View Full Version : Make parts for the cummins diesel crowd

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Dusty
10-27-2004, 12:06 PM
:!: A few things to suggest that people keep looking for are bling bling shizat for thier 12v and 24v cummins' valve covers that are remachined with something different on them, oil fill caps, custom intakes, the banks twin ram is 600 does nothing so no one buys it, if there were a cheaper option for Bling Bling purposes worth thinking about.................... And the one that is always discussed but may not be possible to create is a true Jake brake assembly for a 12v & 24v cummins head.

compression brake i think it would require a new rocker arm assembly? or modifiications to the head or not,? with selenoids ect but on all the diesel pages everyone always is looking for something better than an exhaust brake.... blue ox, pac brake, jacobs they are all butterfly valves, they work OK but a true compression brake creates more hold back and on a bombed truck unless you get the US gear 4" inline brake there is no other option...... just a thought, the R&D and the machining would be through the roof probably but a butterfly brake sells for 800-1200 and i know that many on DTR have said they would pay 1500-1800 for something that works better and/or makes the sound of a real jake on thier trucks. Wonder if an old 220 or 250 cummins jake assembly could be retrofitted to a latter 5.9???? :-|

Dont you love my hair brained ideas MC. Someday one of my brain farts might be less involved and more profitable, but i like to think out loud i'm not a machinist just a hack :mrgreen:

D

Bulltear Ad