PDA

View Full Version : CROWN TIMING COVER

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

EXTREMEAMC
10-30-2004, 04:40 PM
HAS ANYBODY USED OR HEARD ANYTHING RE: THE REMAN. TIMING COVERS FOR AMC?

tufcj
10-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Welcome to Bulltear. Please turn off the caps lock, it's considered SHOUTING.

All the new replacement covers you can get now are made by Crown, even the ones from a Mopar dealer. You can get ones from MC (jeepsr4ever) right here at Bulltear. He also has a nickel plated timing cover and pump cover, along with pump gears that will last much longer than a standard set. Go to the "products" area of the forum, and look around, also check out the "AMC Oiling" area. Lots of good info here if you take some time to poke around.

Bob
tufcj

jeepsr4ever
10-31-2004, 09:38 PM
We know tons of info on these covers...of coursehaving the blueprints doesnt hurt either :mrgreen: . The quality of the Crown timing covers sometimes vary but I have seen these that have been superior to the OEM pieces many of times. It is important to know if a new cover is out of spec or not. Some outfits like Performanceamstyle and South Texas AMC check their covers before shipping. We also check our covers before they ship and offer performance coatings and modifications to the covers and oiling systems. Crown had a bumpy start on these covers and have had some quality control issues and we have worked with Crown and will continue to work with them on the basis that the outcome is a quality AMC part. You will find some will sell a good OEM unit on ebay for up to 500.00. This may be worth something to a collector however I have never seen a car go for any less with a new timing cover on it. I also believe and have proven these new covers to be far superior to their OEM cousins (if we ignore the scrape rate % )

P.S. Welcome aboard

Bulltear Ad