PDA

View Full Version : 1/2" is a lot!!

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Goose
11-01-2004, 01:38 AM
Well I just completed a hack..it didnt start out to be but you know how it goes.

My cj needed a new battery tray..Sez I "Hell I can build on of those"
Got some steel from work .110 used the big shear and plasma cutter and did a little bending and drilling and presto slick as heck.. bolted right in and looked great..D'ohhh bottom is flat plate with 3/8s bolts down to the bottom supports ..Put the battery in and Dangit the heads of the bolts are 1/2" under the front edge of the battery!! So I cut piece of "stealth steel" 3/4" marine plywood and hogged out holes for the bolt heads now no one can tell. well except anyone who reads this.. #-o

Mudrat
11-01-2004, 08:17 PM
Well I just completed a hack..it didnt start out to be but you know how it goes.

My cj needed a new battery tray..Sez I "Hell I can build on of those"
Got some steel from work .110 used the big shear and plasma cutter and did a little bending and drilling and presto slick as heck.. bolted right in and looked great..D'ohhh bottom is flat plate with 3/8s bolts down to the bottom supports ..Put the battery in and Dangit the heads of the bolts are 1/2" under the front edge of the battery!! So I cut piece of "stealth steel" 3/4" marine plywood and hogged out holes for the bolt heads now no one can tell. well except anyone who reads this.. #-o

HACK!! Did you at least use marine plywood? :?

Mudrat

Goose
11-02-2004, 03:53 AM
Sho' nuff Marine plywood AND painted it black..heh heh..
You know yer a Hack when you ask yourself..wonder how long it would take for the bolts to rub throught the battery case??

Mudrat
11-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Sho' nuff Marine plywood AND painted it black..heh heh..
You know yer a Hack when you ask yourself..wonder how long it would take for the bolts to rub throught the battery case??
Welcome to the club fellow HACK!!!!

Mudrat :razz:

Bulltear Ad